Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• EmberMike
    Reply to The End of Adobe Creative Suite is upon us...Creative Cloud shift
    EmberMike
    Resurrecting an oldie here...

I've been a CS6 holdout but now I'm at a point where I need to buy After Effects and I can't find a reasonable price on it anywhere. My upgrade to CC may be...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • B
    Comment on Hey guys, I'm wondering which domain name sounds better.
    B
    You might try always spelling it out with mixed case, as in MichelleBethDean.com. Domain names aren't case sensitive, so it'll work with no problem. It'll also eliminate any confusion over what it says...
    Today, 02:00 AM
  • haileyfield
    Need color choice help on logo design...
    haileyfield
    I created this logo for a company called Circa 3 and I'm having a hard time deciding which one works best and then applying color. I attached a greyscale photo of what I believe the hierarchy to be (dark...
    Today, 01:22 AM
  • Lucifer
    Comment on Canvas
    Lucifer
    Lol @ Seamas.
    Today, 12:56 AM
  • TimDojo
    Reply to Personal Logo Critique
    TimDojo
    First I think the concept is solid, it is clean and doesn't feel trendy. I won't talk about the fonts b/c I think that point has been made enough...witty post by @Buda about the tension, lol! My only...
    Yesterday, 11:48 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the hands of a master

Over the years, I've heard and read so many discussions here, and elsewhere about which tool, which platform, which software is better than another. Long, often mind-numbingly long threads on the PC vs. Mac.

Sure, some of us remember the pre-digital days when this kind of discussion was relatively a much smaller issue (which stat camera, which tech pen, etc.) and yet--- masterful works were still being produced.

Which brings me back to the purpose of this post. I'd like to start a collection here of great examples which prove that 'in the hands of a master' the choice of media, brand, or instrument is largely irrelevant.

Let's start with what inspired this thought in me this morning, while driving in and listening to NPR's Morning Edition. Jake Shimabukuro is a master of a very humble musical instrument: the ukelele.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=6155338

Enjoy! And then add your own examples.

That was awesome Broach.....enjoyed listening to that while working.

I use to play the Ukelele until grade four.
    "You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

Comment

Good lord ... hard to believe that is a Ukelele .... I listened to all his songs ... While my guitar gently weeps is terrific .. always been one of my favs anyway

Great thread idea Broacher. I will keep my eye out and post something asap

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

I thought this seemed familiar to me. I had seen this video a while back. He is pretty amazing.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X