Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sketch28
    What is this type of design called?
    sketch28
    I really like this type of design and would like to try my hand at some of my own, but I would like to see more examples of it. Could anyone tell me what it's called?

Sorry...
    Today, 05:32 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Created Logo in PS, question about file
    KitchWitch
    Hi Chromez and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • Saint-Michel
    Reply to Legal size cardstock for business cards
    Saint-Michel
    Thank you for your answer PrintDriver. Seems like I was misinformed. I'll probably have to buy another printer that can print on thicker card stock then. Do you have any suggestions as to what printer...
    Yesterday, 11:30 PM
  • zablockit
    Reply to Please critique my new game design
    zablockit

Ok, skeuomorphic looks awesome!

What do you think now?

What would you improve?...
    Yesterday, 09:11 PM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Font Management
    lowfatgraphics
    Thanks.

I was testing the Font Suitcase and seems to be screwing with my Chrome bowsers...after some googling--looks like its a known issue. FEX it is then.

Thanks Garricks....
    Yesterday, 08:29 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAC or PC?

I'm sure this question gets exhausted around here lol

I just started a new job as web and graphics manager and I have to basically get everything brand new; software and hardware.
    I would like to propose getting a new system either a PC or a MAC.
    All of the files my predecessor were created on a PC, the machine I am on now. If I switch to a new MAC OS what would be my advantages switching to a MAC over the PC. I have been on a PC for the past 3 years and my MAC skills are a bit rusty, especially since my jobs have all had PCs.

I will mostly be working on website designs and updates and graphics as well.

I have a list of software that I will be getting.

Any advice or suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks all,
    ~ Inayah
    Cre8tive Productions
    www.cre8tivepro.com

I'd look into part avalability (upgrades), locality of part stores (near you, for emergency part replacements) in your area.. and the major thing is overall cost.. Either system works, and what works for you. Majority here will vote/convince you to go with a Mac. Might aswell stick to what you are used too. I personally prefer PC's because I can't get Autodesk's AutoCAD for the Mac.

Also I haven't had the best of luck with using a Mac, especially at school (2nd associates), which use the EMac's. But then again they just could have been a bunch of bad apples. yes pun in ten did! (bad spelling/grammer intended.)
    pas·sion
    If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Advantages to getting a Mac:

you won't be berated by all of us for using a pc.
      Stability.

err... whatever. (get a mac) I'm a pretty staunch mac supporter, but you can work fine on both really. (get a mac) You'll probably never even run into compatibilty issues. (get a mac) I own a mac at home for my own work - but at my job (get a mac) I use a PC. I die a little inside everyday, but it get's the job done. (get a mac)
      In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Mac OS can be run in PCs, so you could buy a pc either way. Stability and all that included.

http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/...18/PearPC.html

asgpagijagnleqhqpi

Comment

Windows can be run in a Mac too. Natively.
          In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

See Beating a Dead Horse. Please note number of pages on said thread.
            Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

^^^ And note the date range of posts.

Comment

Maybe Apple, should give up on the hardware fight (do what sega did, and just make games, and no systems), and just focus on the OS like windows? then let the hardware manufacturers build the parts to work on both OS setups, then restrict the manufacturers to supply part drivers for both OS. Also the parts manufacturers should also be complient, and compatable (drivers) with other manufacturers (other parts). think about it? AMD with OSX? hum... Think I'll wake up now.
                pas·sion
                If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
                -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

mac. mac. mac. mac........ummmmmmm I am bias....mac!

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                  http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                  -Charles Eames

Comment

Originally posted by (gra-ph!c-D'sig-nah)
                    mac. mac. mac. mac........ummmmmmm I am bias....mac!

Haha, almost sounds like a duck: quack, quack, quack, quack
                    pas·sion
                    -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

oh geeez.... what to do....lock thread....beat head against keyboard...... molest my mouse..... hmmmm decisions, decisions
                      Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men. - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

D-Frag, I vote lock...
                        Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Frag
                          oh geeez.... what to do....lock thread....beat head against keyboard...... molest my mouse..... hmmmm decisions, decisions
                          Whatever you do, make sure you clean up.

Comment

Originally posted by cre8tor
                            PC or a MAC?
                            Yes.
                            Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Thanks for all of the feedback! I appreciate it.

Off to talk to my IT peeps
                              Cre8tive Productions
                              www.cre8tivepro.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X