Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urgent!!! Cover For An Upcoming Single

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Urgent!!! Cover For An Upcoming Single

    HEY GUYS.
    I NEED YOUR OPINION ON THIS CD SINGLE COVER. *IN THE POP/DANCE SECTION.
    PLEASE SHARE WITH ME WHAT YOU THINK.

    I AM HERE,
    RAVIV
    Attached Files
    Last edited by braviv; 09-28-2006, 12:51 PM. Reason: UPDATE

  • #2
    Where's the cover? And why are you yelling at us?
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

    Comment


    • #3

      i am sorry. i did not mean to yell...
      just updated it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is that Photoshop's plastic wrap filter? If it is, i'd lose it. Honestly, it probably looks alright without it (though I'm no fan of that shirtless man staring into my soul lol).

        Comment


        • #5
          i think you may need to do a little more work than just apply the "plastic wrap" filter. it makes the left leg, from what i can tell from this, look like there's a hole bored through it. and i have to tell you that it makes the left hand look like it's doing something not only obscene, but painful.

          ned is your photoshop guru. he might have suggestions to spruce it up.
          Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

          Comment


          • #6
            Aren't CD single dimensions a tad different then that?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by reuber1
              Is that Photoshop's plastic wrap filter? If it is, i'd lose it. Honestly, it probably looks alright without it (though I'm no fan of that shirtless man staring into my soul lol).
              so you think it would look better without the effect on?
              any idea for a different effect?

              Comment


              • #8
                Personally, I would stay out of Photoshop's filters if you can. They're pretty tacky. How does it look like without it? Might be good enough, depending on the quality of the photo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ned
                  Where's the cover? And why are you yelling at us?
                  ned, i need your help... what do you think i should do, in your opinion, to get a professional cd cover?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    what do you mean by :

                    Aren't CD single dimensions a tad different then that?

                    (sorry)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      it looks good, but "dry" in my opinion.
                      the quality is very good.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by braviv
                        what do you mean by :

                        Aren't CD single dimensions a tad different then that?
                        What he means is that a CD cover is usually wider than long (landscape), and usually quite squarish. Your image is 'portrait' (longer than it is wide), and more rectangular than squarish.

                        As to my opinion on the cover... I would leave all 'effects' off. The picture would probably look great as is, though I might add some color. Either a single color as highlights to part of the image (sorry, my mind's not working now and I can't think of the proper term), or use color in the text.

                        Rather than filter the picture, I would spruce up the cover by doing something creative with the text. Maybe something like Transparent type (make a selection of the type, put it on its own layer, then either shadow it to make it set into the image, or bevel it to make it stand out from the image, or something like that), metalic type, or whatever (I'm not sure I would suggest those for this image, but just as an idea that you can do a lot more with the type). I don't know the music, so I can't judge what would work as far as type effects - but the image should be photographic, in my opinion. It's a professional looking picture (good modelling and composition), without the filters.
                        Last edited by Ned; 09-28-2006, 01:31 PM.
                        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                        mediamainline.com
                        cyclopsphoto.ca

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          thanks. you've helped.
                          may i be rude and ask you to help me out with the idea you just share.
                          not before yesterday i intstalled photoshop and i am doing my baby steps here.
                          a part of "into my life" is available on :
                          http://www.myspace.com/httpwww1myspa...fmc2idca80960c
                          so you can get the idea


                          Originally posted by Ned
                          What he means is that a CD cover is usually wider than long (landscape), and usually quite squarish. Your image is 'portrait' (longer than it is wide), and more rectangular than squarish.

                          As to my opinion on the cover... I would leave all 'effects' off. The picture would probably look great as is, though I might add some color. Either a single color as highlights to part of the image (sorry, my mind's not working now and I can't think of the proper term), or use color in the text.

                          Rather than filter the picture, I would spruce up the cover by doing something creative with the text. Maybe something like Transparent type (make a selection of the type, put it on its own layer, then either shadow it to make it set into the image, or bevel it to make it stand out from the image, or something like that), metalic type, or whatever. I don't know the music, so I can't judge what would work as far as type effects - but the image should be photographic, in my opinion. It's a professional looking picture (good modelling and composition), without the filters.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It makes me want to be sick. The photo is tacky - looks like a sleazy man meat calander shot that would appeal to horny housewives or horny gay men. The filter ups the greasy dirty look.

                            You'll have to redesign this when you figure out that a CD case is a totally different shape.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              well... you have to remember it's the debut single, so an impact needs to be created.




                              Originally posted by budafist
                              It makes me want to be sick. The photo is tacky - looks like a sleazy man meat calander shot that would appeal to horny housewives or horny gay men. The filter ups the greasy dirty look.

                              You'll have to redesign this when you figure out that a CD case is a totally different shape.

                              Comment

                              Search

                              Collapse

                              Advertisement

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • nagygg
                                Reply to Print screen desaturates image
                                nagygg
                                No, I don't want to work with the pasted image further, I just used it to compare if the image shown in the Windows Photo Viewer, and the image shown on the canvas have the same pixel colors. Then I noticed,...
                                Today, 12:33 AM
                              • CobraStrike
                                Reply to Tell me what you think!
                                CobraStrike
                                Dear ShantiBliss,

                                1 Positive - It is a great start, you are thinking about the subject matter in an interesting and unique way. 2 Positive - You are thinking about a focal point which is...
                                Yesterday, 11:52 PM
                              • CobraStrike
                                Which Font do you Think Works Best?
                                CobraStrike
                                Hello World,

                                My Boss signed off and is asking the customer on the first design. But I am wondering which font looks better. 1, 2, or neither in your opinion and why?

                                Thank you,...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM
                              • CobraStrike
                                Reply to Help with a color palette
                                CobraStrike
                                Hello alber2410,

                                So, you are probably going to get a million responses. Yellow or orange will go with both your purples and blues I am sure you know this. I would suggest an in-between...
                                Yesterday, 11:10 PM
                              • CobraStrike
                                Reply to Playing Cards
                                CobraStrike
                                Dear JofDiamonds,

                                I like the work that you have produced. 1. Negative - While I notice the varying line width of the image it might not be enough to really make the work stand out. With that...
                                Yesterday, 10:50 PM

                              GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                              Working...
                              X