Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent!!! Cover For An Upcoming Single

HEY GUYS.
    I NEED YOUR OPINION ON THIS CD SINGLE COVER. *IN THE POP/DANCE SECTION.
    PLEASE SHARE WITH ME WHAT YOU THINK.

I AM HERE,
    RAVIV
    Attached Files
    Last edited by braviv; 09-28-2006, 05:51 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Where's the cover? And why are you yelling at us?
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

i am sorry. i did not mean to yell...
      just updated it.

Comment

Is that Photoshop's plastic wrap filter? If it is, i'd lose it. Honestly, it probably looks alright without it (though I'm no fan of that shirtless man staring into my soul lol).

Comment

i think you may need to do a little more work than just apply the "plastic wrap" filter. it makes the left leg, from what i can tell from this, look like there's a hole bored through it. and i have to tell you that it makes the left hand look like it's doing something not only obscene, but painful.

ned is your photoshop guru. he might have suggestions to spruce it up.
          Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Aren't CD single dimensions a tad different then that?

Comment

Originally posted by reuber1
              Is that Photoshop's plastic wrap filter? If it is, i'd lose it. Honestly, it probably looks alright without it (though I'm no fan of that shirtless man staring into my soul lol).
              so you think it would look better without the effect on?
              any idea for a different effect?

Comment

Personally, I would stay out of Photoshop's filters if you can. They're pretty tacky. How does it look like without it? Might be good enough, depending on the quality of the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
                  Where's the cover? And why are you yelling at us?
                  ned, i need your help... what do you think i should do, in your opinion, to get a professional cd cover?

Comment

what do you mean by :

(sorry)

Comment

it looks good, but "dry" in my opinion.
                      the quality is very good.

Comment

Originally posted by braviv
                        what do you mean by :

What he means is that a CD cover is usually wider than long (landscape), and usually quite squarish. Your image is 'portrait' (longer than it is wide), and more rectangular than squarish.

As to my opinion on the cover... I would leave all 'effects' off. The picture would probably look great as is, though I might add some color. Either a single color as highlights to part of the image (sorry, my mind's not working now and I can't think of the proper term), or use color in the text.

Rather than filter the picture, I would spruce up the cover by doing something creative with the text. Maybe something like Transparent type (make a selection of the type, put it on its own layer, then either shadow it to make it set into the image, or bevel it to make it stand out from the image, or something like that), metalic type, or whatever (I'm not sure I would suggest those for this image, but just as an idea that you can do a lot more with the type). I don't know the music, so I can't judge what would work as far as type effects - but the image should be photographic, in my opinion. It's a professional looking picture (good modelling and composition), without the filters.
                        Last edited by Ned; 09-28-2006, 06:31 PM.
                        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                        mediamainline.com
                        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

thanks. you've helped.
                          may i be rude and ask you to help me out with the idea you just share.
                          not before yesterday i intstalled photoshop and i am doing my baby steps here.
                          a part of "into my life" is available on :
                          http://www.myspace.com/httpwww1myspa...fmc2idca80960c
                          so you can get the idea

Originally posted by Ned
                          What he means is that a CD cover is usually wider than long (landscape), and usually quite squarish. Your image is 'portrait' (longer than it is wide), and more rectangular than squarish.

As to my opinion on the cover... I would leave all 'effects' off. The picture would probably look great as is, though I might add some color. Either a single color as highlights to part of the image (sorry, my mind's not working now and I can't think of the proper term), or use color in the text.

Rather than filter the picture, I would spruce up the cover by doing something creative with the text. Maybe something like Transparent type (make a selection of the type, put it on its own layer, then either shadow it to make it set into the image, or bevel it to make it stand out from the image, or something like that), metalic type, or whatever. I don't know the music, so I can't judge what would work as far as type effects - but the image should be photographic, in my opinion. It's a professional looking picture (good modelling and composition), without the filters.

Comment

It makes me want to be sick. The photo is tacky - looks like a sleazy man meat calander shot that would appeal to horny housewives or horny gay men. The filter ups the greasy dirty look.

You'll have to redesign this when you figure out that a CD case is a totally different shape.
                            It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

well... you have to remember it's the debut single, so an impact needs to be created.

Originally posted by budafist
                              It makes me want to be sick. The photo is tacky - looks like a sleazy man meat calander shot that would appeal to horny housewives or horny gay men. The filter ups the greasy dirty look.

You'll have to redesign this when you figure out that a CD case is a totally different shape.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X