This is the Sidebar.php coding:

<div id="sidebar" class="clearfix">

<?php if(is_author()) : ?>
    <div class="widgetBox...
    Today, 01:10 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Comment on Getting into graphic design
    kemingMatters
    It should be noted that all files should be CMYK colour mode only when printing CMYK on a press. If you are printing digitally, spot colours can be left intact, although it varies from workflow to workflow....
    Today, 12:58 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Getting into graphic design
    KitchWitch
    Hi The01printer and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't...
    Today, 12:56 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Getting into graphic design
    kemingMatters
    Hello The01Printer, welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 12:55 PM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Hi All!! Want to shift career to Graphic designing
    kemingMatters
    Hello SanDreams, what a sombre and mildly ironic name... welcome to GDF!
    We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few...
    Today, 12:52 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! really quick! should only take a sec ...

ok, i got the offer from the job i was looking for. they head guy called yesterday. they hit the low end of my range, but i pre-checked the salary range for graphic desginers in my region and it is the top of that range. i have 10 years of experience, BUT am still teaching myself id cs2. also, the AD's are very illustrator oriented, which i am not (all clarified during the interview).

the position was hiring for a "graphic designer" and no other title description was mentioned. as far as i can tell, it sounds like a gd job and maybe not a senior gd. bad thing, they will not have insurance or real bennies till january. they will chip in some cash for insurance (125/month), plus parking fees, etc. I REALLY want this job!

DO I NEGOTIATE FOR MORE OR JUST GET MY ARSE IN THE DOOR!?!?! i have been unemployed for about 4 months, so i am in debt!

WWMOOSGDD (what would mods or other senior graphic designers do)?
    HELP!

deadlift

ps - need to call him back in a bout an hour from this post time. go!
    rest assured that i will NEVER:
    1. "just stop by to show you sum luv!"
    2. ask you to "hit me up sometime!"

freakin' morons.

Well since you have your back against the wall without having a job to fall back on... negotiating could result in you not getting the job. It's basically like Deal or No Deal here... It's better than what you had yesterday, if you risk it you may get more... or less, this is a sure thing. I say take the deal! If you're good, you will be able to work your way up the ranks, right?
    SIZE DOES MATTER!

Comment

What's to tell you if you "REALLY want this job"?
      Take it.
      Especially if you are unemployed.
      January is only 2 months away.

Comment

IMO, "getting your arse in the door" will do nothing for you in future raises. It will always end up being the mindset "well..he does X, Y, Z now for $X...why pay more?"

I would tell him you are a little concerned about the low end of the salaray range and see if you could get a better understanding of what future possible finacial considerations you would be looking. Is this rate based on a pending performance review? Yearly raises? Bonuses? See if they have any room to wiggle, or other compensation to offer.

In the end though, when I see "I have been unemployed for about 4 months, so I am in debt!" my advice is even a cracker tastes good to a starving person. Take the cracker and if things dont change, look for another job while living in comfort you have a salary coming in (which gives you the opportunity to be more picky).

Hope that helps!
        "If a barber can't shave the logo into the back of your head, it's not a successful logo."
        —Sketcher

Comment

Simple answer:
          Take it.

Complicated Answer:
          Take it ya bum!
          In this post there are 47 people, none of them can be seen.

Comment

Im not a mod or a senior gd so i guess i cant help...
            www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

you guys f@ckin' ROCK!

ok, sorry. i was panicking a bit at the last minute! salary review in a year & pays what i was making at my last job ... i really plan on busting my arse here. it's small, so results and hard work will show quickly.

*pops a xanax, cracks a beer, lights a smoke, bows to all members, takes deep breath*

alright, i'm calling. wish me luck ...

again, this forum pw3ns as much as leehotti.com!

freakin' morons.

Comment

Take it!

Just ask him if they could compensate for the things you mentioned. They have a budget for you let them meet it by asking for the max that there buget allows. Either way your going to take it so why not try and get more money while your at it.

Comment

done!

ok, just got off the phone and sealed the deal!

the only reason i had any trepidation is that i didn't want to get into a long negotiation process and possibly coming off as a "well, what else can you do for me because i am this or that and i ..." kind of guy. i do know what kind of person he was looking for, so i played the part ... well, i am the kind of guy he was looking for! hindsight being 20/20, i would have set my range a bit higher, but i don't think that another $40k or $50k per week would have mattered. just kidding! but i really would have asked for a bit more. eh, live and learn ...

they hit the nail on the head based on the aiga salary for the position ... i'm just glad it's done.

well, it's friday, i just got me a J-O-B with an agency, i've got about $16.32 left ... WHO WANTS A PBR? I'M BUYIN'! THANKS AGAIN TO ALL!

and please don't start posting that i shoulda asked for more or i am gonna put some visine eyedrops into your PBR (this will lead to meteorism), damnit!

and jacki darlin', you feel free to put your 2 cents in anytime! this was directed at anyone who was here!

*bows again*

you all rock!

freakin' morons.

Comment

congrats! Glad to hear you got it!

oh, and even though I was no help at all, PBR me!
                    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Congradulations! I know that feels good.

Comment

thank you! thank you!

first, i'd like to thank the academy and all the fans ....

seriously, thanks gang!

freakin' morons.

Comment

congrats!!
                          www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Congratulations on the new job!!

blog/portfolio

Comment

kee-rist!

considering i am a newb here, you all are incredibly kind!

thank you all again!

i don't have anything remotely witty to say ... um ... CHICKEN BUTT!

freakin' morons.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X