X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your doodles

A while back there was a brief conversation on all of us who doodle at work. (The sketching kind of doodles I mean heh heh).

At my work I am on and off the phone, while on the phone I sketch randomly on a piece of paper I keep at my desk (else all my client paper work/orders would be a mess with doodling.)

This was todays..... would like to see other peeps doodles so post away. Of course these are by far no works of art but fun to look at later. Thing is I throw most of it out.

"You're just jealous because YOUR hat doesn't have a clock in it!"

mouse that is great. i like to see others scribbles also. i should keep a sketch pad at my desk so i could keep all my doodles. mine just seem to end up on stick-its or envelopes.
    Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

vtwin_gary that POSTING & YOU is funny.

Guilty of rarely using search button.

Comment

Here's one of mine, rescued from the recycle bin just for this post.

"Every facet, every department of your mind is to be programmed by you, and unless you assume your rightful responsibility, and begin to program your own mind, the world will program it for you."

Comment

I don't really get to doodle... My notepad is full of notes to myself about certain dimensions, lists of fonts I'm considering for a project, CMYK values, reminders to email so-n-so. All written with my left hand even though I'm right handed (it's just easier when the right hand is occupied by the mouse). I've made myself ambidextrous.

blog/portfolio

Comment

This thread made me think back to my doodles from when I was heavily pregnant and couldn't sleep at night. i used to waste time blind contour drawing at stupid O'Clock in the morning. Any of you lot do those? I'm guessing it's something design students do in university maybe as observation practise, but I did physics in uni, not design though, so i don't really know.

Is anyone interested in starting a blind contour thread somewhere on the board? Here are a couple of cool ones i found online for anyone who wasn't sure what blind contour drawling was. Not sure where all my ones ended up. In the recycling probably!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blind_contour_drawing

at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

• PasteUpKing
              PasteUpKing commented
              Editing a comment
              I like to do No Lift Hands countour drawings but've never done one blind. Sounds like fun. I might Try one. Cool.

I did alot of blind contour drawings in art college. Took alot of Drawing course.

Pat and Frankie these doodles are great, I love looking at other peoples stuff.

Comment

oh no no...I said above that those two aren't my doing. I just found them online as great examples of blind contour drawing. Mine drawings got chucked out with the recycling. I'm sure I'll do some more soon to post though.

Comment

while its technically not a doodle, i did do some graffiti here at work today....

‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

fantastic work Mr Frag! Keep it up.

Comment

Well done Frag!!

I like it. It's funny and sad all at the same time, It makes me think even though I don't want to. I want to look away, but I can't...... OMG. I went too far over the top. I can see Everest.

Comment

Here's what a prepresser gets to doodle. Not really as fun as the others though.

Comment

• PasteUpKing
                        PasteUpKing commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hmm. I do pre press and have had to do more fun doodles than that. Dont drag prepress down on this one :-)

oooh, I see someone is getting you to use the dreaded font of doom.

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                        ...the dreaded font of doom.

Actually those are lists of fonts I need to pull from the library, or get from the
                        client. Know that no matter how much is said about over use and cliché, people
                        still go back to their Woobies. A shame really. It's not like there's a shortage
                        of fonts. Even just the OS's base set has some variety on a PC.

Comment

Doubting_Thomas, I'll have to post some of my typical scratches, because they look frighteningly much like yours.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X