Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    <b>
    When I think of Adrian Frutiger, I think of, well, Frutiger, which is sort of a humanist grotesk, maybe. Then I think of Myriad Pro. Of course Frutiger didn't design Myriad, but Myriad is pretty much...
    Today, 05:58 AM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Pavlo
    I understand what you are trying to achieve (and I have seen some other good examples in a similar style) but to me it doesn't read as 'EFM'. It seems incomplete. Needs more work. Or a different appr...
    Today, 05:46 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to My Life in Typefaces - Matthew Carter
    ISitude
    Good one <b>! When I think of slabs I think of Adrian Frutiger... but when I think of think grotesks Helvetica always is first on my list ...sigh.

So since we are creating a list ......
    Today, 05:33 AM
  • janetm1000
    Reply to Is this an unreasonable request from my client?
    janetm1000
    As someone who has also worked on client's side, I'm going to offer this point of view:
    you are adding a lot of value in doing these type of "odd jobs" for them. They know they can rely...
    Today, 05:30 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to Critique and suggestions on a logo concept
    Kayekaye
    There is no recognition of your initials without knowing what they are. Nicely executed but conception is weak. Try another avenue.
    Today, 04:33 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying varying sizes of images

I am creating the "gallery" page for my company's new website and I am running into problems with the varying size and orientation of all of our images. We don't have very many pictures of our products because we are still a relatively small company. The pictures that we do have are 1/2 horizontally oriented and 1/2 vertically. The space I want to display them in is rectangular so that all of the vertical images appear quite a bit smaller and with lots of dead space on the sides. Any suggestions on how to best display them? I could make the area square but that would still put dead space around all of the images. As always, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    m@

I don't see how squares would be much of a problem.

http://www.karacters.com/main.html

Check out their packages/promotions section.

Comment

One difference is that our images are just photographs. They don't all share a similar background. I think I am leaning more towards just having dead space around the images. I will post a link when it is ready and you folks can tell me what you think.

Comment

The fact that you said 'products' led me to believe unimportant details in the pictures could be masked/whited out.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
        Working...
        X