Displaying varying sizes of images

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Displaying varying sizes of images

I am creating the "gallery" page for my company's new website and I am running into problems with the varying size and orientation of all of our images. We don't have very many pictures of our products because we are still a relatively small company. The pictures that we do have are 1/2 horizontally oriented and 1/2 vertically. The space I want to display them in is rectangular so that all of the vertical images appear quite a bit smaller and with lots of dead space on the sides. Any suggestions on how to best display them? I could make the area square but that would still put dead space around all of the images. As always, any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    m@

I don't see how squares would be much of a problem.

http://www.karacters.com/main.html

Check out their packages/promotions section.

Comment

One difference is that our images are just photographs. They don't all share a similar background. I think I am leaning more towards just having dead space around the images. I will post a link when it is ready and you folks can tell me what you think.

Comment

The fact that you said 'products' led me to believe unimportant details in the pictures could be masked/whited out.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• calebninja
          Reply to Struggling with Graphic Design Career
          calebninja
          Do you have an online portfolio we can view that showcases some of your ability?

What were the reasons you were laid off from other two jobs? Was it still a speed issue or was it the small...
          Today, 02:48 PM
        • PanToshi
          Reply to Feedback for my college project
          PanToshi
          Hi John and welcome to GDF.

I agree with your teacher - there's a lot going on in these. I think getting rid of some of the sub-heading text (if that was even an option) would have been...
          Today, 01:33 PM
        • Cosmo
          Reply to Feedback for my college project
          Cosmo
          I get an error trying to see the larger images, but from what I see on the smaller images, I agree with your teacher. It does look cluttered and the heirarchy is weird. It doesn't direct your eye around...
          Today, 01:28 PM
        • HotButton
          Comment on Playing Cards
          HotButton
          Right. If the blue and green are too bright, it quickly gets tacky, but kept darker and subdued like the red you've got going, I think they'd be sweet, and it would serve as one more visual cue to facilitate...
          Today, 12:00 PM
        • JofDiamonds
          Comment on Playing Cards
          JofDiamonds
          That is absolutely something to keep in mind. I've never been a big fan of suits that aren't red or black, but it does present some options. Thanks!
          Today, 11:49 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X