• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back in the "good ole days"

I'm glad I'm not here...

http://commfaculty.fullerton.edu/woverbeck/dtr5.htm

Does anyone remember doing this?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Way back when I first started as a graphic designer, my then Art Director explained to me how she used to do that sort of thing. That was the last time I ever complained about clearcutting duty.

Comment

I don't mind clear cutting as long as I have lots of time to do it. Rush clear cutting jobs are terrible.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I can remember doing those cuttings on lightboxes wayyyyy back .. I mean wayyyyyy back

What a pain it was .. and I never had to do it very much. There was one church I worked for doing their weekly flyers ... kinda glad that didn't last long

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

One of my professors had us do something similar to this once because he figured we didn't appreciate our computers enough.
          Light a man a fire and he will be warm for a short while. Light a man afire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Riya
            One of my professors had us do something similar to this once because he figured we didn't appreciate our computers enough.
            Well that's a novel idea. Did it work?

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
              I don't mind clear cutting as long as I have lots of time to do it. Rush clear cutting jobs are terrible.
              Yeah, when I'm in the mood, I actually find clearcutting quite relaxing.

Still, we had this one book that would sometimes result in me clearcutting 30 cars in an afternoon. I actually had it down at one point, so that I could clearcut a car in under 10 minutes.

Comment

This was how it was when I started. Take that ya youngsters!
                "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

You all have me beat. I couldn't imagine doing it this way. I am a spoiled brat and I feel so when I looked at this site. Thank you for making me appreciate in that moment the simplicity of the way things are now!
                  N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

ERiC's DESiGN HOUSE - (check me out)
                  http://ericdesignhouse.blogspot.com/

Design is a plan for arranging elements in such a way as best to accomplish a particular purpose.
                  -Charles Eames

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                    I was gonna say... I noticed you in one of those pictures.
                    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                    mediamainline.com
                    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by urstwile
                      Hahaha - I don't often get called a youngster these days, so I, for one, will gladly take it

Comment

Wow. ****. That

Although, I wish I knew how to do it...

[edit] speling gud

Comment

Yeah, you're all so funny.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I just missed the paste-up era. My first job at that time was running a stat camera.

Comment

My first job in the industry was at a small printshop in 82 or 83. Our typesetter was more advanced than these guys were dealing with. It had a small BW screen so you could see what you were typing and spit out slicks from some kind of printer. The whole unit was about the size of a washer/dryer combo.

The rest of the process was all done by hand from layouts waxed up on the light tables to shooting and developing the film to stripping the negs and developing the plates.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X