Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• creare
    Reply to logo lettering new york
    creare
    I tried to improve the image of the statue , I promised , was really bad , at least I put good will ' , I could do better but I had little time.
    Today, 12:31 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    PrintDriver
    The Dadaist approach would go one step further. Maybe tearing them up or putting an 'accidental' coffee stain on them.
    Today, 10:08 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    PrintDriver
    Do rabbits cough up hairballs? If not, they definitely can replace cats. Easily.
    Today, 10:06 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    PrintDriver
    You can have the best logo in the world, but if your product is garbage, that will be far more impressionable than any logo. Does anyone remember what the Ronco logo looks like? No? Bet you remember that...
    Today, 10:04 AM
  • snehal_Joshi
    Comment on Business Logo Design
    snehal_Joshi
    A logo is the first impression for any brand, as per my view only logo can create your first corporate brand image.
    Today, 06:31 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Logo is not your Brand

I recieved this link in an e-mail from joomla.

No, your logo is just one aspect of your brand. I don't think it hurts to keep in mind the attitude of the brand of the company when designing a logo.

There are logos out there that disregard the brand. What's the point of that?
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I think that some people like the writer of the Joomla blog, just need to put down the blunt.
      pas·sion
      If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
      -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

The web seems to have done something strange to branding. I wonder how many people focus purely on their name, domain or logo as their brand, but don't realize that their entire site is now their brand.
        Your website is not only your brand either. To be blunt, I hated this article.
        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

I didn't much care for the article either.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

I just wanted to show graphic designers what other people are thinking.

Comment

But it's an article from a web guy about websites and a companies brand online.
              Why would he need to talk about company brochures and other collateral?

Comment

I think this article talks about ruining brand equity. You can slap a logo onto lunch box, but is that lunch box branded? If Apple slapped on the logo on any mp3 player, would it still be an iPod? Not really. It takes much more than a logo to apply a real brand to a product. A brand, as I define it, is a philosophy that is supported by design and media which not makes an end product but is part of the entire creation process.

What I find most ironic is the ContentLink advertiser on the article's website. ContentLink makes its money scanning articles and turning key words on the page into links. The links go to random advertisers. This form of stealthy advertising is in direct opposition to the message the author is trying to convey. The advertisers are using key words in the same manner people misuse their logos. Talk about friggin hypocrisy!
                Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                Working...
                X