Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• epicdxb
    Hello All
    epicdxb
    I am new to this forum and want to share ideas about graphics design.
    Today, 11:22 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to HD photos
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF joaof9352

If you're starting with a low res image, using Photoshop will not make that low quality image into a high quality one.

We ask all new members to read...
    Today, 11:18 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Want to learn how to do this effect...
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF aquintero

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 11:16 AM
  • dbDESIGN
    Reply to Nightclub Flyer/Poster Design
    dbDESIGN
    @PanToshi: Done and thanks!

@CataclysmX: Thanks for the tip! When I look at it now, the date does feel to go out of the view somehow, its not something the observator sees at the first glance...
    Today, 10:23 AM
  • joaof9352
    HD photos
    joaof9352
    Hey I'm new at design and photoshop, and i have a question : How to make an image with better quality in photoshop ? Thank you
    Today, 09:09 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequent Program Crashes

Hey everyone, I'm new here so I'm not sure if this has been discussed before or not, if so please point me in the right direction. Anyways, I am experiencing frequent crashes with a couple of my programs, mainly Dreamweaver 8 and Illustrator CS2. Sometimes it gets to the point where they crash as soon as they are finished loading. I am running these on a Mac PowerBook G4 with OSX 10.4.8 with 1.25 Gb of ram. Has anyone experienced this similar problem or know what could be wrong?

The first thing to try is repairing permissions with Apple's Disk Utility, which is located in the Applications>Utility folder. Launch it, and then click on the icon of your hard drive, and select Repair Permissions (don't bother with Verify Permissions).

There could also be some bloated caches, fonts in particular. If you turn your computer off, there are also some routine maintenance scripts that the OS runs which are not being run, because they generally take place very late at night (provided the machine is on, not sleeping, logged out or shutdown). If you would prefer not to leave your machine on all the time, there are several free and/or shareware utilities that will perform these functions for you. They're referred to in this article from Macworld. I use one called Tweak Freak.

Hope that helps. Keep us posted.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X