X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating Portfolio

Okay, so if I were wanting to just update my portfolio, but I've been working as a graphic designer in a corporate setting for 5 years, what should I include?

I've read that I should have 10-15 pieces, and that they shouldn't be more than 3 years old. Problem is that most of the pieces we work on are monthly mailers that look pretty much the same with little individual creative input.

In an interview setting, I could probably show a couple of those and explain the process and use them to show off some technical software skills, but I'd be lacking in one of the most important parts - creativity. I've got it, I just have no current pieces to show. And this is exactly why I need to update it!

So the question is... what's the best way to get these new pieces to really show my creativity? Do I just create my own projects? Would that hold up in an interview? Any suggestions?

there's some excellent information in our frequently discussed topics thread, here: http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/fo...ead.php?t=7892

just scroll down to the section on portfolios.
    "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
    Working...
    X