This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cnic
    Jriddim.... What? I am Wacom Noob. Help me out with that one. Mouse mode? 4 Corner reg.... why do you prefer?
    Mouse mode is when it, well, behaves like a mouse. The movement is relative, as opposed to pen mode, where the four corners correspond to the corner of your screen, and the position is absolute.

Personally, I hate the mouse mode.

Comment

thanks for explaining hewligan... I believe mouse mode is helpfull for when your using a smaller tablet... i like to hold it at angles and utalize certain areas...i tend to go off the surface when i use pen mode...
      Aspire to Inspire before you Expire

Comment

Originally posted by 1ooScreamingTrees
        i'm a lefty too. why does this affect the size of the wacom tablet you use? just wondering haha - seems crazy to me.
        I'm no lefty, but I think I know why... because at the smallest size the intuos has buttons just on the left side, above that it has buttons on both sides.

the graphire, does not have those buttons at all... so maybe it wouldn't matter.

Comment

Amen FDGB,

My thoughts exactly. I have already made great use of these buttons on my intuos, and without them, or if they were on the left only, I would be rather annoyed.
          CNIC - noun [see - nick]
          1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
          2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
          3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
          For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Ok, so I just checked my settings, and I have been using absolute positioning, or "pen" mode in my mapping settings. I will try the mouse mode out just for reference, but so far I have been very pleased with Pen mode.

Here are the screenshots with the explainations... for those that might still be confused.

Attached Files
            CNIC - noun [see - nick]
            3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
            For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

Here is a sketch from yesterday..... No it is not me, just a face.

I will really try to make a commitment to this thread, and post often, if not once per day. I think that alone will help me get more use of my wacom, and improve my skillzzzzzz.

Attached Files
              CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

30mins

did it in 30mins.. just messing abt
                Last edited by Shagohod; 03-22-2007, 09:34 AM.
                'Practice to Perfect'

Comment

Nice work Shag...

which Tablet are you using??

CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

Nice work Shag...

which Tablet are you using??

Im not a big fan of tablets.. so i bought the Graphire 3. the smallest and prolly the cheapest one..
                    'Practice to Perfect'

Comment

Great work everyone! I'm slowly working on a digital painting for the calendar project, might post it here too.

Comment

Here is a sketch from today....
                        Attached Files
                        CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

and I finished it up this evening.... Someone give this guy a name....
                          Attached Files
                          CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

here is a bird from this morning. Not sure if I'll color it.

Attached Files
                            CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

and I finished it up this evening.... Someone give this guy a name....
                              Mortimer.

Comment

damn, lots of great work in this post!

so i guess you like the tablet huh, cnic?
                                www.standercreative.com

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• PrintDriver
                                  Reply to Portfolio usage of work
                                  PrintDriver
                                  Why would you have someone else's work on your portfolio site?
                                  Why would you not honor a takedown notice?
                                  Doesn't matter if you don't claim copyright, or even if you credit the work appropriately....
                                  Today, 07:50 PM
                                • John G
                                  Reply to What do you think about my new web site?
                                  John G
                                  I'd recommend colored borders. love it that you can scroll down and I think "get all the information". Unfortunately, it's in a foreign language none of anything seems to whittle anythng down,...
                                  Today, 07:28 PM
                                • MikeTyler
                                  Reply to Help with bitmap to vector conversion
                                  MikeTyler
                                  The fact that this will be a paint mask and really just needs clean shapes with no regard for color palette I'd assume would be an easier task than taking a full color JPG image and performing the same...
                                  Today, 06:31 PM
                                • John G
                                  Reply to visually pleasing web design
                                  John G
                                  Remember all the things that made it easy to find whatever it was you were looking for on a site? Don't forget about it when you make your designs. The designs come second. Content first.

Today, 06:26 PM
                                • Thug-D
                                  Comment on What should I do? Problem figuring out what would be more economical to spend on?
                                  Thug-D
                                  I'm 17. I do not think my passion is going to change because to be honest since the time I was a kid I found computer graphics pretty dope. It's just that last year I got involved in it. At first I thought...
                                  Today, 05:58 PM
                                GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
                                Working...
                                X