Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• HotButton
    Reply to Non-Disclosure Agreement
    HotButton
    I'd still say "no." But, depending on how "significantly different" it is from the original, you may not be in violation of the agreement. It would be a judgement call, with the operative...
    Today, 02:33 PM
  • Inkling
    Inkling
    What if it's an original work of skill, labour and judgement and significantly different from the original?...
    Today, 02:15 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Wide Format Printer
    PrintDriver
    17" is large format, not wide format.

What are you going to be doing with the prints?

I have a little 6-color Epson Artisan for cheap money that I use for in-office print...
    Today, 01:56 PM
  • PrintDriver
    PrintDriver
    Short answer?
    No.
    Today, 01:53 PM
  • HotButton
    Reply to Portfolio critique requested :)
    HotButton
    I'd love to really go through this site and offer some detailed reaction if/when I ever get enough time, but having had a quick browse, I'd anticipate having little to say on the negative side. A fair...
    Today, 01:47 PM

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom Art

I am starting this thread as a venue for displaying Wacom artwork. Please only display work completed on your Wacom, or other tablets.

Reason:

I spent weeks looking for the right Wacom. I looked everywhere and just didnt feel satisfied. I really wanted to read what others had to say about thier Wacoms.... the sizes, the functions, and so on....... I also wanted to see a variety of artwork done using tablets.

I would like this to be a thread that others can use to view digital work completed via Wacom (or other) tablets, and a resource for those interested in getting a Wacom of thier own.

Thanks, and please enjoy.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

I am new to my Wacom.... but I plan for us to become great friends.

Here is a look at my first Wacom sketch:
    Attached Files
    CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

• Brayinlee
      Brayinlee commented
      Editing a comment
      add me friend if you want

Very cool cnic... I'll see what I've thats post worthy

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

That's cool! Now I want one!
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I really dont use mine as much as i'd like.. i wish i'd gotten a smaller one and i wish i used it more often. It is a good thing to have, tho.

Comment

i bought a tablet pc & rarely use the pen. i just can't get used to it. i would like to force myself to.
          Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I bought a wacom graphire 3 just to play around with - I use it more for artwork than design work...but every now and then I find the need for it.

Definitely what brenton said - buy a smaller higher quality one...you don't need them to be that large (as a matter of personal taste really...try one out first) so you should spend the extra money on the intuos 4x6 or 6x8.

You can do a lot of interesting things with Corel Painter and a Wacom, but PS and Illy have their merit for it too.

This is one of my earliest wacom pieces - done from a reference photograph of a subway.

design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

I'm intrigued by the Wacom and am considering getting one. I'd be using it more as a tool to assist in my PhotoShop editting techniques though.

I can't draw for nothing, seriously it's awful. My forté is in adjusting something that already exists. Will the Wacom help me or will it be more of a gimmick that I use for a few weeks and will be gathering dust in a couple of months time?
              "Here lies Spug. He never tried an avocado"

Comment

The outline of my goat avatar was done in Illustrator for me.
                I modified it, added the background and crossbones, and did all the shading with the Wacom Intuos 3.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ooScreamingTrees

Definitely what brenton said - buy a smaller higher quality one...you don't need them to be that large (as a matter of personal taste really...try one out first) so you should spend the extra money on the intuos 4x6 or 6x8.

For the most part I agree. However, I went with the Intuos 3 9x12, and so far I love it. But I have the desk space, and dual monitors. Wacom of course suggested an even larger one... but I really like this one. I debated and debated, and contacted a couple of digital illustrators via email, and they also promoted the near 1 to 1 ratio I would get from the 9x12. So right now I have the tablet set to work on my left screen.

Pretty sweet.

Oh, to anyone with a Wacom, who isnt using it...... Start using it!!! Or give it to a friend at the GDF who would get some use out of it.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

This is a mix for me... drew on paper and coloured scanned image in painter. Hope that counts... used my ol' school Graphite 2... I'd love to go and nab a Intuos one day... when I get the cash the nabbing will happen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Using a 6x8 Intuos 3, fits me just right (I always used to doodle on computer paper, so I guess that's where the familiarity comes from I think).
                      Start of a web banner that turned out not to be the wanted direction (skull and wings are from photos).

I really enjoy trying to make digital "paintings", I'm still learning though, but someday...
                      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8315/wipvq8.jpg
                      http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1149/head3kv1.jpg

Not to advertise another forum, but cgsociety has a pretty sizable 2d community which has been very helpful in learning the thing.
                      http://forums.cgsociety.org/

Comment

• giraffes
                        giraffes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow John these 2 are awesome, very nice!

Originally posted by John G
                      Using a 6x8 Intuos 3, fits me just right (I always used to doodle on computer paper, so I guess that's where the familiarity comes from I think).
                      Start of a web banner that turned out not to be the wanted direction (skull and wings are from photos).

I really enjoy trying to make digital "paintings", I'm still learning though, but someday...
                      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8315/wipvq8.jpg
                      http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1149/head3kv1.jpg

Not to advertise another forum, but cgsociety has a pretty sizable 2d community which has been very helpful in learning the thing.
                      http://forums.cgsociety.org/
                      I had a teacher back in college that made everybody sick at how good he as with a tablet... He would start off with nothing and even in just a half an hour he put as all to shame... he does great work... he's worked on a lot of big name illustrations.

http://www.gangus.net/workshop.htm
                      http://gangus.cgsociety.org/gallery/

I'd love to be half as good as him... Maybe one day... just maybe!

Comment

Nice paintings John G... I think those two are really nice!!!
                        CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

I want one now too.
                          Less be more.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X