Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• DanCMU
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    DanCMU
    The period, to me, makes it more of an assertion rather than a suggestion. I know that's not what that's used for (technically speaking) but it makes it pack a little more punch.

I vote to...
    Today, 11:03 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Dissertation topic
    PrintDriver
    What's a selfie?
    Just kidding.
    Narcissistic for the most part, more fleeting than a hashtag in general, and somehow people think they can make social statements with them. Society has become...
    Today, 10:48 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    <b>
    I agree, the Canoscan is a good scanner -- especially for the price. I've bought a couple of Epson Perfection V700 Photo Scanners for work, and would do so again if they're still made. They've been very...
    Today, 03:54 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    PanToshi
    Adding my vote for keeping it.
    Today, 03:31 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Glad to Be Here Now!
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF Tess

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom Art

I am starting this thread as a venue for displaying Wacom artwork. Please only display work completed on your Wacom, or other tablets.

Reason:

I spent weeks looking for the right Wacom. I looked everywhere and just didnt feel satisfied. I really wanted to read what others had to say about thier Wacoms.... the sizes, the functions, and so on....... I also wanted to see a variety of artwork done using tablets.

I would like this to be a thread that others can use to view digital work completed via Wacom (or other) tablets, and a resource for those interested in getting a Wacom of thier own.

Thanks, and please enjoy.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    1. An American "nick" name for me to use on the GDF.
    2. Designer, Developer, Carpenter, Painter, Sexy... just plain sexy.
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

I am new to my Wacom.... but I plan for us to become great friends.

Here is a look at my first Wacom sketch:
    Attached Files
    CNIC - noun [see - nick]
    3. One that does not like green eggs and ham. Seriously, I have very strict breakfast rules.
    For more on CNIC, see the unabridged collegiate dictionary. Or call the President.

Comment

• Brayinlee
      Brayinlee commented
      Editing a comment
      add me friend if you want

Very cool cnic... I'll see what I've thats post worthy

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

That's cool! Now I want one!
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

I really dont use mine as much as i'd like.. i wish i'd gotten a smaller one and i wish i used it more often. It is a good thing to have, tho.

Comment

i bought a tablet pc & rarely use the pen. i just can't get used to it. i would like to force myself to.
          Steeler Born, Steeler Bred And When I Die I'll be Steeler Dead!

Comment

I bought a wacom graphire 3 just to play around with - I use it more for artwork than design work...but every now and then I find the need for it.

Definitely what brenton said - buy a smaller higher quality one...you don't need them to be that large (as a matter of personal taste really...try one out first) so you should spend the extra money on the intuos 4x6 or 6x8.

You can do a lot of interesting things with Corel Painter and a Wacom, but PS and Illy have their merit for it too.

This is one of my earliest wacom pieces - done from a reference photograph of a subway.

design is the best way to touch strangers without getting arrested for it - ben ramsey

Comment

I'm intrigued by the Wacom and am considering getting one. I'd be using it more as a tool to assist in my PhotoShop editting techniques though.

I can't draw for nothing, seriously it's awful. My forté is in adjusting something that already exists. Will the Wacom help me or will it be more of a gimmick that I use for a few weeks and will be gathering dust in a couple of months time?
              "Here lies Spug. He never tried an avocado"

Comment

The outline of my goat avatar was done in Illustrator for me.
                I modified it, added the background and crossbones, and did all the shading with the Wacom Intuos 3.

Comment

Originally posted by 1ooScreamingTrees

Definitely what brenton said - buy a smaller higher quality one...you don't need them to be that large (as a matter of personal taste really...try one out first) so you should spend the extra money on the intuos 4x6 or 6x8.

For the most part I agree. However, I went with the Intuos 3 9x12, and so far I love it. But I have the desk space, and dual monitors. Wacom of course suggested an even larger one... but I really like this one. I debated and debated, and contacted a couple of digital illustrators via email, and they also promoted the near 1 to 1 ratio I would get from the 9x12. So right now I have the tablet set to work on my left screen.

Pretty sweet.

Oh, to anyone with a Wacom, who isnt using it...... Start using it!!! Or give it to a friend at the GDF who would get some use out of it.

CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

This is a mix for me... drew on paper and coloured scanned image in painter. Hope that counts... used my ol' school Graphite 2... I'd love to go and nab a Intuos one day... when I get the cash the nabbing will happen.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Using a 6x8 Intuos 3, fits me just right (I always used to doodle on computer paper, so I guess that's where the familiarity comes from I think).
                      Start of a web banner that turned out not to be the wanted direction (skull and wings are from photos).

I really enjoy trying to make digital "paintings", I'm still learning though, but someday...
                      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8315/wipvq8.jpg
                      http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1149/head3kv1.jpg

Not to advertise another forum, but cgsociety has a pretty sizable 2d community which has been very helpful in learning the thing.
                      http://forums.cgsociety.org/

Comment

• giraffes
                        giraffes commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Wow John these 2 are awesome, very nice!

Originally posted by John G
                      Using a 6x8 Intuos 3, fits me just right (I always used to doodle on computer paper, so I guess that's where the familiarity comes from I think).
                      Start of a web banner that turned out not to be the wanted direction (skull and wings are from photos).

I really enjoy trying to make digital "paintings", I'm still learning though, but someday...
                      http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8315/wipvq8.jpg
                      http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1149/head3kv1.jpg

Not to advertise another forum, but cgsociety has a pretty sizable 2d community which has been very helpful in learning the thing.
                      http://forums.cgsociety.org/
                      I had a teacher back in college that made everybody sick at how good he as with a tablet... He would start off with nothing and even in just a half an hour he put as all to shame... he does great work... he's worked on a lot of big name illustrations.

http://www.gangus.net/workshop.htm
                      http://gangus.cgsociety.org/gallery/

I'd love to be half as good as him... Maybe one day... just maybe!

Comment

Nice paintings John G... I think those two are really nice!!!
                        CNIC - noun [see - nick]

Comment

I want one now too.
                          Less be more.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                          Working...
                          X