Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    I still using both actually. I think Chrome's responsive and mobile views/tools are nicer than Firefox, and since I have taken to using Brackets text editor for doing a lot of my development work, I end...
    Today, 12:02 PM
  • skribe
    Reply to New Firefox Developer Edition
    skribe
    Welcome abivillanueva!

As you are a new member please take a few minutes and read though our rules and guidelines for new members. The following links should get you up to speed.
    Today, 11:58 AM
  • StudioMonkey
    Reply to Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    StudioMonkey
    Keeping my fingers crossed for you, Frodo. Don't give up - your skills are valuable. Maybe you need to look at a different job title than Graphic Designer. Studio artworker, Mac operator, etc. all...
    Today, 11:50 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Create neural looking network in Illustrator
    ChrisDudley
    I would recommend drawing it by hand, scanning in and tracing it if you're looking to create something that actually looks like a neural network. There's no setting in Illustrator that's going to take...
    Today, 10:03 AM
  • ChrisDudley
    Reply to Working on a logo for myself
    ChrisDudley
    I think this is a case of having settled too early in the design process. I do like the idea - breathing life into old designs. I think that has legs. But I don't love the execution particularly, specifically...
    Today, 09:56 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really need help with this for a class

On average, with all the necessary college education required completed by the person, how much money would somebody make as an established graphic designer?

It's what I want to do, but I can't find any sort of idea on how much they make, and therefore don't know if I can do my report on it.
    Thanks a ton.

There are salary finders all over the web, check AIGA and Google. You probably want to start there, and pay attention to geographical variation.

Good luck with your paper.
    Think of me as programmable soda.
    Tori Amos

Comment

too many variables to say. Seriously. You can get a ballpark figure from salary.com, but the ranges shown there are really somewhat higher than realistic.

The salary you can expect to make really depends on your location, your personal skillset, the responsibilities a particular position entails, your level of experience and education, your supervisory abilities, the ratio of designers to design positions in the place you are looking, and more.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Also try http://salary.monster.com keeping in mind Morea's points. They are absolutely correct.

Are you sure this is a class question, though? This should be something you research BEFORE you take out a student loan and/or open your college fund to go to school.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Ned
          Are you sure this is a class question, though? This should be something you research BEFORE you take out a student loan and/or open your college fund to go to school.
          I was thinking this exact thing.

Comment

could be for a high school class.
            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X