Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• creare
    Reply to logo lettering new york
    creare
    I tried to improve the image of the statue , I promised , was really bad , at least I put good will ' , I could do better but I had little time.
    Today, 12:31 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    PrintDriver
    The Dadaist approach would go one step further. Maybe tearing them up or putting an 'accidental' coffee stain on them.
    Today, 10:08 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Comment on What do you want to know?
    PrintDriver
    Do rabbits cough up hairballs? If not, they definitely can replace cats. Easily.
    Today, 10:06 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    PrintDriver
    You can have the best logo in the world, but if your product is garbage, that will be far more impressionable than any logo. Does anyone remember what the Ronco logo looks like? No? Bet you remember that...
    Today, 10:04 AM
  • snehal_Joshi
    Comment on Business Logo Design
    snehal_Joshi
    A logo is the first impression for any brand, as per my view only logo can create your first corporate brand image.
    Today, 06:31 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how much to charge...

Hi,

Im not sure where to post this but if i posted in the wrong section I apologize. But I need an idea on how much to charge for a Magazine Pre press, 64 pages, 4-colored, size A4.

I never worked on a project like this before and not sure how much I should charge.
    No advertising allowed on GDF. Please see Forum Rules.

You should work out how long it will take to design 1 page, multiply this by 64 pages and multiply this number by the amount you need to be paid per hour.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

We can't discuss actual pricing in this forum. Against the rules and the law.

You need to get more details other than just page count and size.
      Do you need to research/purchase images?
      Do you need to do anything to images if they are being supplied (silhouette/cleanup)?
      Are ads being provided 'camera ready' or do you need to design layouts?
      Copy:Image ratio?

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
        You should work out how long it will take to design 1 page, multiply this by 64 pages and multiply this number by the amount you need to be paid per hour.
        More likely, figure out how long it takes to do the initial layout of one page, then how long it takes to do the next page, using whatever graphical elements, text boxes, etc. are carried over from the page before. Multiply the second by 63, and add the first. Chances are, all the pages won't take as long as the first.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Chances are, all the pages won't take as long as the first.
          Especially if you take the time to set up Masters and Styles first.

Comment

'xactly.
            Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
            mediamainline.com
            cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Chances are the other pages wont take as long as the first, but chances are there will be some changes. I never know how to factor in the client's changes.

"It all looks good but can you just..."
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

^that's what contracts are for. First x-number of changes included in price. Changes over at $$$ per hour in 1/4 hour increments.

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                  I never know how to factor in the client's changes.
                  Think liberal. Not just on cost, but also on turnaournd.

*EDIT: And also always use a proof limit, like PD said...
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

ok appreciate it..
                    No advertising allowed on GDF. Please see Forum Rules.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                    Working...
                    X