Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Comment on Advice for logo
    KitchWitch
    Hi Andy and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links below. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything wrong,...
    Today, 01:42 PM
  • <b>
    Reply to Advice for logo
    <b>
    To me it looks a little odd because both the curve and its positioning seem inconsistent with the rest of the logo. That problem area in a k is usually dealt with by continuing one of the diagonal strokes....
    Today, 01:40 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Paint Shop Pro 5
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF chr2014

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask...
    Today, 01:34 PM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to Design Assignment
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF PCRVE

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 01:33 PM
  • hank_scorpio
    Reply to Saving PNG graphic files without the gamma data
    hank_scorpio
    http://morris-photographics.com/phot...png-gamma.html
    Today, 01:32 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rope in illustrator

Hey guys i'm trying to make a rope in illustrator but i am having a hard time. Ideally i'd like to make a brush so i can just apply it to a path. When i tried making a brush it didn't look very smooth around corners.

I googled for a tutorial but only found stuff in photoshop. anyone have any ideas?

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

There's already a decent rope brush made up in the 'Goodies' folder of the CD. You might want to check it out.

Comment

where in the goodies folder? all i see is clipart, stock photos, and wacom 6d brushes but there is just one .ai file in the wacom folder and the file is empty.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

Comment

there are some twine brushes on teh Adobe Action Xchange.
        search for Twine or rope .
        Dribbble Page
        Behance Portfolio
        Linkedin Profile

Comment

I'm using CS but go to Window/Brush Libraries/Borders-Novelty and there's a rope image in there.

Comment

That's the one!

Comment

Originally posted by BJMRGTIVR6
              there are some twine brushes on teh Adobe Action Xchange.
              search for Twine or rope .
              thanks a bunch! i've never really tried looking there before lots of cool stuff.

balou i'm in cs2 and i don't see it thanks though

Comment

The Novelty brush library is one that came off the CD. I don't know what they call it now, but it used to be 'Goodies'. But I think it's still in there, along with a bunch of other good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Typically
                  where in the goodies folder? all i see is clipart, stock photos, and wacom 6d brushes but there is just one .ai file in the wacom folder and the file is empty.
                  In CS2 the brushes are in the Presets Folder.

Comment

You've got two problems going on with your brush, Typically.

First, you're not using a long enough stretch of artwork for your rope piece. Secondly, you're not containing it in a square area. You should have a number of rope "wraps" in the pattern piece you use, and it should cut off halfway down the middle of each end, so that it can be continued on the other piece. Remember that this is vector artwork, and Illustrator will be able to actually bend the rope around curves, much like using the reshape tool - you don't need to section it off to a small piece to get a smooth curve.

Take a look at the rope pattern brush saved in this file... http://mediamainline.com/client/brus..._leaves_art.ai

The rope brush is at the bottom. It's the same one found in Windows => Brush Libraries => Borders_Novelty in CS1. Other brushes such as the laurel leaves brush are included. This is all from Adobe Inc.

That'll give you a good idea of how you should make your pattern piece for your brush.
                    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                    mediamainline.com
                    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Maybe i am blind....but my novelty brush folder does not contain any rope file. Do i need to download it extra from cd......my novelty has other stuff in it...like foot prints and barbwire...but no rope!
                      Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

Comment

When I had to create a rope in illustrator for the logo shown below, I just created a custom rope brush and then expanded the appearance of it once I was complete with the letters. Custom colored it though, but for the outline the brush worked fine for me!

Professional Pixel Pusher Designing the world around you. | Working daily to reach 10,000 hours of practice.

Comment

go here http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/ and search for rope.

Comment

thanks!
                            Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

Comment

Oh my goodness I just spent the last hour and half looking through those downloads.
                              W O W
                              Thanks for sharing that.
                              So much to learn w CS3 and just not enough waking hours to learn all of it... well guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend....LOL

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X