No announcement yet.

removing path components in PS

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• removing path components in PS

if i create a path, consisting of several path components, but then figure that i would want to remove a component... how would i accomplish this without deleting the whole entire path?

use the delete anchor point tool in the sub menu of the pen tool

okay so just delete the specific component path's anchor one by one then.

If you're on the pen tool, you can just hover over a point, and you'll see the delete tool pop up (the minus sign will appear next to the pen head cursor). You can also add points to a line by hovering over a line segment until the + sign appears.

You can hold CTRL/CMD to access the last used selection tool. If this is the white arrow tool (you can cycle through the two on a Windows system by using CTRL-TAB), then you can select an individual point, and SHIFT select multiple points. You can then delete all the selected points by pressing backspace or delete.
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.

You don't need to select each point one-by-one.

Direct select tool (white pointer)- Alt-click, selects all points that are connected in a path line. Followed by: DEL

Latest Topics

• B
            Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
            Just to clarify what I wrote, the low-res image actually is stored in the file -- Illustrator just doesn't display it when the file is opened in Illustrator unless the linked to image is also available....
            Today, 02:35 PM
          • PanToshi
            Reply to Looking for mentor
            Perhaps, but I would say that offered "advice'' is a tad different from a ''mentor'', especially one you want to be able to call on for repeated ''advice''. Correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds...
            Today, 02:28 PM
          • BlueCrab
            Comment on Looking for mentor
            I personally know several seasoned designers that have offered advice to me and other upcoming designers. It is a thing.
            Today, 12:18 PM
          • designzombie
            Reply to Hello!
            Hi Tanner. I was in the Navy with a similar story. Graphic art was always my first love. But instead of freelancing while I was enlisted, I was working on personal fine art illustrations. I made the transition...
            Today, 12:17 PM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Question About Broken Links, and Still Being Able to View Them
            Illustrator is particularly stupid about its link situation. When Indesign opens it will at least give you a low rez image place saver and a prompt telling you the links are missing. With Illustrator,...
            Today, 12:08 PM

Incredible Stock
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings