Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• StudioMonkey
    Reply to Two-Page Spread PDF | Background Split
    StudioMonkey
    I always specify a PDF for artwork and if its a booklet I always ask for single pages not spreads.

Maxal the thermometer looks odd because you have bleed - this gives an extra bit on the...
    Today, 10:01 AM
  • Casseopia
    Reply to Creative Suite and upgrading
    Casseopia
    "I would suggest upgrading to a version that Adobe still supports just incase you run into issues, that way you can call Adobe and they can kill a couple hours of your day and eventually conclude...
    Today, 08:24 AM
  • ISitude
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    ISitude
    There's a follow-up survey found just after the last vid ...I'm guessing that my written answers are also award winning
    Today, 03:48 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Comment on Logo tutorial
    MichaelWied
    Agreed.
    Today, 03:38 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Logo tutorial
    PrintDriver
    Then change the title to "Getting Started with Illustrator"
    Not "Logo Design."
    Today, 03:25 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Brief on graphics.com

A cover design for a book about ancient Egyptian sculpture

Is anyone else doing this?

The best three designs will win a 3 month subscription to ablestock.com

Sounds good to me, i'm already working at it.

Sounds suspiciously like spec work to me.
    "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I couldn't quickly locate the fine print rules but this just sounds like a contest with a prize. It doesn't look like they are asking for design work for nothing. The best design gets a free subscription.
      Is it worth the time and effort to you or not is all you have to ask yourself (and find the fine print to find out who owns the submissions...perhaps one of our illustrious Admins from JupiterMedia can drop in a URL)

Comment

Hey guys! The Design Brief is a new contest along the lines of the Photos.com Challenge. This is a great way for you to show off your stuff to the Graphics.com community and vie to win a free AbleStock.com subscription. Jupitermedia won't use your submissions outside of the Design Brief gallery.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying that Ben.
          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

No problem!

Comment

cool, I love ancient Egypt.
              My Site

Comment

Ancient Egypt loves you.

Comment

Bet you don't love the magazine by the same name though. Arrrg! My eyes!!! Might this actually be the only forgivable current use for Papyrus as a font though?

at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

If those pictures for the brief are any representative of pictures on AbleStock, I don't know that I would want a three month subscription.
                    Less be more.

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                      Bet you don't love the magazine by the same name though. Arrrg! My eyes!!! Might this actually be the only forgivable current use for Papyrus as a font though?

Aww, dang it. Who leaked my first draft for this contest? Now i might have to spend another five minutes coming up with an idea and layout.
                      My Site

Comment

You spent a whole 5 minutes? What did you waste all that time on?
                        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

well you know it only took a millisecond to come up with the use of papyrus. I mean it's not egyptian without papyrus. I mean that's like a kid's look without comic sans.

But then I wasn't sure if i should use blue... but that doesn't matter now, since they took my design.
                          My Site

Comment

Okay,

the fifteen minute version is done.

My Site

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                            Working...
                            X