Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    B
    I'm thinking that tagging a supplement product with the initials BS might not be the best marketing strategy.
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dream Jobs?

So what is everyones Dream Job?

Mine is working for a movie studio, doing the promotional graphics.
    No luck so far

Trevor
    Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

When it comes to Graphic Design, i'd like to have a job for a high profile studio, so i'd get to work on massive brands and advertising campaigns.

I can imagine walking down a busy city street and seeing a massive hoarding with my design on it, or always seeing a logo for a huge company that I've designed.

Yeah that would be the cream.

Comment

I want to be a children's book illustrator full time and working from home.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

budafist, you stole mine. I don't need to be the next Suess, I'd settle for being the next Silverstien. I'm already working on the hairstyle.
        "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

That's ok DS, there's enough work for the both of us
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by DesignStudio
            I'd settle for being the next Silverstien.
            I love Runny Babbit!
            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Working in the surfing industry for a big name brand, designing clothing, adverts, etc.

And of course to run my own firm.

Comment

It would be owning my own company and getting big name clients. I'd like to be able to do everything in house from photography to printing.

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                  I want to be a children's book illustrator full time and working from home.
                  I used to want that. It's not as economically viable over here.

I plan to get a Masters in Development Studies as I have so many ideas that can make economic change in Africa, yet no doors are open towards this...that in a couple of years.
                  Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
                  - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                    I love Runny Babbit!
                    My dad used to read us stories like that when I was a kid, like the pree little thigs. It always made us laugh, and I thought I should write a book like that. I guess you snooze you looze.
                    "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

Have my novel/series and all static/multimedia creations purchased by a publisher for world wide distro. Thusly getting a big advance and nice royalty checks - then sell the movie rights and become the next J.K. Rowling.

Not a far dream considering THIS went world wide and is only a small press book.

The novel is nearly done on first draft. Based on a short story that was published in the small press book. Now for the technical revisions. heh.

Comment

My dream job is working for a top secret anti-terrorism unit in the government. My keen attention to detail and an arsenal of hand to hand combat moves would see me rise through the ranks of the ATU with a series of succesfull missions in espionage all over the globe. It would be exactly one week after another C.O. (covert operation) in Prague that an un-paralleled and un-natural threat would be made on the entire world. An underground terrorist force claiming to be the Dooms Day Deliverers (3D), had built a bomb more powerful than anything the world had ever seen.. I can't go into details of how this was possible... its all highly classified. However, it would be my JOB to track down these 3D hoodlums and bring them to justice. Along with saving the world from the afformentioned Dooms Day Deliverers's Device (4D).

Thats it...

hey they're called 'dream jobs' for a reason.

Comment

I would like to specialize in concert posters or skateboard decks they allows for more creative freedom.

Comment

Professional Bra Fitter
                            Less be more.

Comment

Honestly, I would love to have all the free time and indispensable income in the world to just create forever.

But for a job-job, honestly, I dunno.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X