Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Buda
    Reply to Have you met ...me
    Buda
    Hi Mike and welcome to GDF.

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get acquainted with how things work on GDF. They will explain how the...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • mikeengland
    Have you met ...me
    mikeengland
    Hello my name is Mike, my username gives it away. However I joined this forum for a few reasons including art crititques, expanding my learning, and improve myself as a professional. I am from Dayton,...
    Today, 01:10 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to A logo needs help
    Buda
    It looks like a logo for a dating website. I think you need a different concept.
    Today, 12:21 AM
  • Buda
    Comment on A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    Buda
    I learn to pick my battles. Some clients will resist, others will listen and take on advice. But it can be tricky when your client is management.
    Today, 12:15 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Just rebranded my design company
    Buda
    Nice logo. I like how it's kinda looks spartan which in my opinion a very strong symbol.

The only things I would change is that in the BC and LH the logo looks very big compared to the s...
    Today, 12:13 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do i sign up! great opportunity...:rolleyes:

Here's a barter opportunity I found. What a deal!!!

I have a small, growing bath and body business (soon to add gourmet teas and coffee)with numerous request for private labeling services. I need a graphic artist to design my logo(s)/label(s) (one for bath and body/one for tea/coffee). In exchange, I will advertise your service on my website, all of our products and give you 100% of my private label businesses. If you are a small, growing company, this is a great opportunity for us both! Please email me so we can start soon!!!!

ok so obviously we all like to ridicule idiots who think their business is god's gift to designers, but i posted this ad for another reason too. all the people who post threads on this site asking about whether they "should" automatically get their website on their customer's products that they design- can take note of this ad. here the business owner thinks that putting your name on your designs is such a bonus that providing it to you can be instead of payment. Personally, i don't agree, but it lets you know what the mentality of some clients is about your right to include your biline on your designs.
    "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Maybe if they'd throw in some free bubble bath...
    Think of me as programmable soda.
    Tori Amos

Comment

Originally posted by DesignStudio
      ...and give you 100% of my private label businesses.
      What does that mean? That you own their business? Or is that an exclusive contract for their work?
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

i think it's an exclusive contract that you get to do all their private label work for free. Hooray!
        "The best thing about being self employed is you only have to work half a day!

...And you get to choose which 12 hours!"

Comment

Well, wouldn't that be a given? I mean why would the bath business give out this great deal to designer (me) and then pay someone else to do half their work? I'd want exclusive rights for all the bubble bath I'm going to get!
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X