No announcement yet.

my career path?? help

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my career path?? help

Hello everyone… I kind of need some help on a career path.

I have my associates in Applied science for graphic design… and I took some time off before I go back to school to get my bachelors. I have a full time job that I hate… and I can’t wait to get back to school. The thing is I’m not sure what I want to go back to school for… something art related is all I know… I think.
    My background is fine art, I taught myself everything, then I got into graphic design. I love both. I’ve been looking up art careers… I’ve found some but I’m not really sure what to go for. I wouldn’t mind working hands on with art or if I was teaching it or had some kind of art therapy thing going on. The thing is I live in northern nj, and I do not want to commute to the city everyday. Anyone have suggestions on careers and how common/easy it would be to get a job? I need any help you can offer. I’d really appreciate it.

Take a look in the "Resources" section, and search for "careers in design" on the forums. There's some good info in there.
    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Latest Topics

• PrintDriver
      Reply to Please help me get past a creative block!
      I always broke the rules on these kinds of assignments. Starting with NOT starting with a rectangle for a page...
      Today, 02:29 PM
    • graffiks
      I am wondering if there was a purpose to the angles you have chosen. Are you wanting the layout to represent / create a secondary image?.. Like in the second link B posted, the zebra caught my eye. What...
      Today, 12:52 PM
    • B
      Looking at your PDFs, I can tell you're stuck. You're just moving type around on a blank white space and hoping something clicks. For starters, you need a better dynamic relationship between the positive...
      Today, 12:36 PM
    • HotButton
      Your professor is right; you can do better.

I say that mostly because you really have yet to do anything. It looks as though you've typed or pasted the vehicle features into some text frames...
      Today, 12:21 PM
    • Craig B
      Craig B
      Have you also considered perspective, or altering the letter shapes (not sure if that's allowed ... check with your prof) heck, search for typographic design online and you'll find a million ideas. ...
      Today, 12:03 PM

Incredible Stock
    GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright © 2016 Mediabistro Holdings