Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Dojo Dragon Shirt Design.
    BillyLogan
    Great job! Nice choice of colors - young, fun and very happy. Must agree with MaNL though about the character's emotion. But that is not much of an issue. Over-all, you did great, man!
    Today, 01:03 AM
  • cysir
    Comment on Personal Logo Concepts
    cysir
    Thanks for the response! I started out sketching, actually. Thanks for the link!
    Today, 01:00 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Sand Queen
    BillyLogan
    WOW! That's all I could say. You've got talent, man and I hope you'll hone it. At you are your work is very impressive and I can see that you've got an eye for art. Just keep it up and I wish you all...
    Today, 12:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my career path?? help

Hello everyone… I kind of need some help on a career path.

I have my associates in Applied science for graphic design… and I took some time off before I go back to school to get my bachelors. I have a full time job that I hate… and I can’t wait to get back to school. The thing is I’m not sure what I want to go back to school for… something art related is all I know… I think.
    My background is fine art, I taught myself everything, then I got into graphic design. I love both. I’ve been looking up art careers… I’ve found some but I’m not really sure what to go for. I wouldn’t mind working hands on with art or if I was teaching it or had some kind of art therapy thing going on. The thing is I live in northern nj, and I do not want to commute to the city everyday. Anyone have suggestions on careers and how common/easy it would be to get a job? I need any help you can offer. I’d really appreciate it.

Take a look in the "Resources" section, and search for "careers in design" on the forums. There's some good info in there.
    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
    Working...
    X