Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• B
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    B
    I'm thinking that tagging a supplement product with the initials BS might not be the best marketing strategy.
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutual NDA?

How many of you have ran across clients who were paranoid about their business marketing? I have a potential client who is needing a good deal of work both on the graphics side, as well as the marketing side.

He is asking for a non-disclosure agreement, so that anything we create for him can't be used for another client in any way.

I don't have a problem with something like this if we are dealing with a very unique process that is collectively developed, or something that can be definitively labled as "his", but how would you draw that line?

I know he wants to keep his marketing plan and processes safe, and I understand. However, I don't want him to be able to tell me I can't use what I learn with future clients.

I am getting that creepy feeling that usually means run. However, there is a good bit of money he is willing to pony up for us to create and develop marketing processes for him.

We have historically been mainly a graphics shop, but with time, I am getting more clients like this that are willing to pay much more for the marketing alone.
    Travis Patterson
    J Marketing

Well, you should be specific in the contract what "anything we create for him can't be used for another client in any way" means.

Any "original artwork".
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Buda,

I agree. I am hoping he will be reasonable and not come back later and claim weird stuff as his. If it is all spelled out in the contract, we should be OK. It still feels weird. Maybe this is why the marketing guys get paid the big bucks.

I think I will give him all present and future rights to all page curls and lens flares.

Trav
      Travis Patterson
      J Marketing

Comment

Star bursts?
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yes, they can have all rights to all future starbursts. As well as all stock Illustrator gradients.
          Travis Patterson
          J Marketing

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
          Working...
          X