Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper & Printer help

I have found my weak spot!

Is there any information (chart) as to what is the recommended weight of paper for projects?

For example, I understand most standard weights up to 100#, but anything like catalog covers, CD mailers, packaging boxes, etc I'm pretty lost. I'm also not sure what 10pt or 12pt stock is.

So I have several projects right now that require a heavy weight paper and I have not a clue on what's what.

I am looking for recommended printers for 20-100 page (numbered) catalogs. Full color cover, b&w inside pages. And others that are full color saddle stiched 12 pages (full layout).

***stuck***

Head to a local print shop and see if you can have some different weight stock. To see the different you just need to have it in hand, and as long as you don't go to my former employer they prolly will be nice enough to give you some samples.
    Paper
    Less be more.

Comment

Not sure if this link will be of any help:

http://www.thepapermillstore.com/pages.php?pageid=236

Good luck,

~marc
      Actively cultivating the elegance of earned self-togetherness

Comment

Originally posted by Mynock
        Head to a local print shop and see if you can have some different weight stock. To see the different you just need to have it in hand, and as long as you don't go to my former employer they prolly will be nice enough to give you some samples.
        Paper
        If you go this route then while you're there ask them if they have any outdated sample books that they haven't tossed yet. Odds are that they do and they'll let you have one/some.

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• kruze
          Transform Palette in Illustrator CS
          kruze
          hi. yes I know it's old so pls don't critique. my issue... draw a circle for example... want size 30mm x 30mm... when I type this into the transform palett it automatically changes the sizes to something...
          Today, 09:16 PM
        • kruze
          Reply to hello
          kruze
          Read it. thanks
          Today, 09:04 PM
        • kruze
          Reply to realistic fairy floss/cotton candy
          kruze
          hmmm... well I'm just try to help a charity. they don't know all the sizes it will be used at, hence why I wanted to use illustrator. I don't have in design. trying to do what I can with what I have.
          Today, 09:03 PM
        • tyhoppy
          Print Coverage Average for Printing Jobs
          tyhoppy
          We're using a digital printer for short-run jobs and I have created a job calculator, but not sure what coverage % for C,M,Y,K to use as an average for jobs to quote customers when I don't see the artwork...
          Today, 08:42 PM
        • Protagonist
          Reply to Vinyl Design Critique.
          Protagonist
          I like the first version the best. The sidebar with the two birds at the bottom seems the most appealing to me. The album is called disappear and the lines in the electrical tower "disappear"...
          Today, 08:27 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
        Working...
        X