Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on a 4 ft by 7ft banner....

In photoshop.

Do I absolutely need to make the piece a 300 ppi one?
    Would 200ppi look low res at such dimension?

Talk to your printer. It's all a matter of viewing distance, media, printer, and some other factors.
    Less be more.

Comment

talk to the printer, but 100dpi should be fine

Comment

Talk to the printer. You could possibly go to 35 and be fine.
        They are the only ones who can answer that.
        We don't like 1 gig files for something that small.

Don't forget your bleeds.

Comment

im a little confused...so should he talk to the printer?
          graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does...

Comment

I concur talk to your printer. We do a lot of banners here and typically I sent the files at 150 and it works just fine.
            Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

Originally posted by beseech wanton
              im a little confused...so should he talk to the printer?
              Printer is:
              1. a person or thing that prints, esp. a person whose occupation is printing.
              2. Computers. an output device that produces a paper copy of alphanumeric or graphic data.

Please talk to definition 1, not definition 2 for you will risk looking like a nutcase (or like a pre-press loon).
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Tsmalldon, is that what your printer asked for?

In large format, oversized files wastes your design time and your printer's rip time though many printers will stupefy a file to the optimum for their production flow. Best for you give them what they want.

Comment

Hi Print Driver, yup thats the maximum that they gave me. We do a lot of banners for our stores, 150 seems to work just fine, results are good.

I supply a pdf file and they don't seem to have any issues with it.

Trevor
                  Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by mynock
                      Talk to your printer. It's all a matter of viewing distance, media, printer, and some other factors.
                      Originally posted by PrintDriver
                      Talk to the printer. You could possibly go to 35 and be fine.
                      Are you guys sure... I've been talking to my HP DesignJet 1055CM and it still won't answer me.

Oh wait I see what I'm doing wrong
                      Originally posted by budafist
                      Printer is:
                      2. Computers. an output device that produces a paper copy of alphanumeric or graphic data.

Please talk to definition 1, not definition 2 for you will risk looking like a nutcase (or like a pre-press loon).
                      I could give you a dose
                      but it would never come close
                      to the rage built up inside of me
                      fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
                        Printer is:

aaaahh...thanks for clearing that up budafist! My Epson has been really mean lately so I haven't been in the mood to talk to it...good to know i don't have to!
                        graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does...

Comment

I don't talk to my printer, but I do play it classical music - keeps the colors vibrant.
                          . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftBrain Artist
                            I don't talk to my printer, but I do play it classical music - keeps the colors vibrant.
                            Thanks for the tip LBA I'll keep that in mind.

.....so does that mean I can stop massaging my DesignJet now.....and how about the chocolates can I take those back?
                            I could give you a dose
                            but it would never come close
                            to the rage built up inside of me
                            fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

My Printer has a brain in the jar that is connected to it. I don't have to talk to mine. We communicate through telepathy.

That reminds me. Anybody remember a movie back in the 80's about a man that had a computerized apartment but then spilled whine on the main part and it came to life and went after his girlfriend. Digital dreams maybe. . . I almost think it was a MAC too. . . .
                              I don't make mistakes. I thought I did once but I was wrong.

www.deepanchorgraphics.com

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X