X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quark unveils print and WEB suites?

They're not exactly suites, but I noticed that Quark has released some programs that are grouped for specific purposes, like how Adobe has packaged their CS3 software. Quark now offers a program that is similar to FlashPaper, which allows you do do traditional print-style design work and export it as a Flash project.

http://www.quark.com/products/interactivedesigner/

Their pages are now QuarkXpress, Quark Interactive Designer, Quark Print Collection, and a few others. It looks as if they're trying to translate pre-press interface into a Flash-like environment. Weird. Anyone using this software yet?
    Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

No.

Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

They're obviously trying to make up for lost time. I don't know if this will catch on, because even at best, Quark Interactive will be a stripped down version of Flash.

I check out their projects gallery, and its really lacking...
      http://www.quark.com/products/intera.../projects.html
      These examples are just plain sad. Luckily they posted a link to a professional design studio that used the software to design their site... http://www.factorylabs.com/
      My hope is restored. lol.

I guess my biggest question is who this program is for. I'm going to call it Flash Lite. It actually reminds me a little bit like Adobe Director, but probably without the disc support.

I'm actually excited about this because I think Adobe needs a competitor. As much as we joke about Quark going the way of the dinosaurs, I think its great they're still around and trying new things. The promise here is that Interactive Designer is supposed to make all the native Quark print documents become edible into a Flash document. I know that designing print and interactive media have different processes, but I guess Quark wants to link them together somehow.
      Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X