Glossy vs. Matte Display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossy vs. Matte Display

I need to purchase a notebook and I'm wondering what is better for graphic design (color accuracy, etc.): glossy or matte display.

Thanks

Matte mate..

Comment

Definatly Matte
      Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

Put it this way...there are no color calibration profiles for glossy screens. If you want really accurate colors, stick with a matte screen. Most glossy screens over saturate color which makes beautiful, yet inacurate, images.
        Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Originally posted by codeoverride
          I need to purchase a notebook and I'm wondering what is better for graphic design (color accuracy, etc.): glossy or matte display.

Thanks
          glossy is definitly better

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• calebninja
            Reply to Game Developer
            calebninja
            If you want to make a mobile game, GameSalad is free and much easier to learn than other coding languages. GameSalad uses a language similar to Ruby where you have booleans, variables, and other things...
            Today, 07:59 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Dropbox vs. Google Drive vs. Box
            PrintDriver
            Ah, that's a different side to the story. Yes, using what the client wants to use. Most of my clients use a <supposedly> secure onsite system. Others like to use Dropbox. For simple file transfer,...
            Today, 07:25 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Comment on The continuing trend of unpaid internships
            PrintDriver
            That happens everywhere. Even here in the US. If a designer feels that they can do no better than minimum wage, then that is what they settle for. It's an employer's market out there for just about everything,...
            Today, 07:21 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Title design for travel blog
            PrintDriver
            What's this going to look like on a phone screen?
            FYI splash pages are annoying. Content is what it's all about. To wait for a splash page to load only to find the site needs another click to get...
            Today, 07:13 AM
          • PrintDriver
            Reply to Bad at my design job, how to improve attention to detail?
            PrintDriver
            1. Don't change provided copy. Ever. You can question something, but don't ever arbitrarily change it. Not even reflexively.

2. Have they given you a brand standard to follow? Not just logo...
            Today, 07:08 AM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X