Glossy vs. Matte Display

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glossy vs. Matte Display

I need to purchase a notebook and I'm wondering what is better for graphic design (color accuracy, etc.): glossy or matte display.

Thanks

Matte mate..

Comment

Definatly Matte
      Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

Put it this way...there are no color calibration profiles for glossy screens. If you want really accurate colors, stick with a matte screen. Most glossy screens over saturate color which makes beautiful, yet inacurate, images.
        Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Originally posted by codeoverride
          I need to purchase a notebook and I'm wondering what is better for graphic design (color accuracy, etc.): glossy or matte display.

Thanks
          glossy is definitly better

Comment

Search

Collapse

Sponsor

Collapse

Incredible Stock

Latest Topics

Collapse

• SabrinaHartford
            Reply to Feedback on Hawaii dessert (baking) cook book cover
            SabrinaHartford
            The actual recipes are a mix of semi-Hawaiian and authentic Hawaiian (e.g. Koi, Haupia and Kulolo are proper Hawaiian Desserts, but then Manju Cake, Bibingka Cake, Chocolate Tofu Mousse pie and Hawaiian...
            Today, 02:42 AM
          • B
            Comment on [HELO] Convert web image for billboard
            B
            Well, who knows. They might have their reasons that would make sense if we knew them.

You're right, though, it's their money and if that's what they insist they want -- despite your best...
            Yesterday, 09:21 PM
          • MazeMiami
            Reply to [HELO] Convert web image for billboard
            MazeMiami
            I'm grateful for the time both you spent to inform me and respect your expertise. Didn't mean to sound like I was disregarding what you shared. Just figure if it's not going to make much of a difference...
            Yesterday, 09:16 PM
          • B
            Reply to Get Your Graphic Design License Here
            B
            Hmmm, good question. Probably not. Most generally recognized professions seem to have licensing requirements, though, so I guess my comments stem from designers being somehow excluded and the profession...
            Yesterday, 09:14 PM
          • MazeMiami
            Reply to [HELO] Convert web image for billboard
            MazeMiami
            No one gave me a solution seems like either way I would get similar results. I suggested the clients use the file we already have in hand and they insisted they wanted vector. I'm open to having the imaged...
            Yesterday, 09:07 PM
          GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X