Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• jr72023
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    jr72023
    It really looks good. As noted, I am not an artist. The rest of the posters are the pros.

Just curious if a ? in the lower bubble "clue" might not be a little more poignant? Even...
    Today, 01:39 AM
  • Derailed
    Reply to I am SO confused about vehicle wrap design?
    Derailed
    I work for a wrap company. We do almost everything in Illustrator. They send me the templates of the vehicles, although sometimes I don't have to match everything up exactly. Would you be designing...
    Today, 12:16 AM
  • kemingMatters
    Reply to Adobe Illustrator... Object won't select!
    kemingMatters
    Drop shadow is a raster effect, you'll have to look in the appearance palette to remove the effect
    Yesterday, 11:02 PM
  • Pavlo
    Reply to My logo attempt (be brutally honest)
    Pavlo
    I really like the latest version and the concept of the e's facing / speaking with each other. The look and feel is vastly improved and I get an immediate sense of what you are trying to say about the...
    Yesterday, 10:44 PM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to Deaf graphic designers
    KitchWitch
    Hi Signing Toys and welcome to GDF.

If you are looking to hire a deaf graphic designer, please post in the classified section and be sure to include an email address so people can contact...
    Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PDF Help

I work for an in-house design department. Our HR department wants to move towards a paperless PDF workflow. I got the creation of the forms down. It is the implementation I need help with.

The problem is we need forms that can be e-mailed several times capturing data along the way. (EXAMPLE: Leave request form — employee > HR > Manager > HR > employee). We also want the forms to maintain the “corporate look" and emulate the paper versions. We are a medium size company (100+) in several locations across the country. Because cost is an issue, not every user will have the full version of acrobat. File size is an issue for IS. Sending full 80k-200k pdf files back and forth is less than ideal. I'm hoping to find a solution where can e-mail the FDF data (8k-20K).

Does anyone have any experience doing something similar? How did you solve this? Can this be done using just reader?

have you done a little digging on adobe's site?

http://www.adobe.com/products/reader...tinfo/faq/#q17

we went to more of a paperless workflow, but because of the nature of our work we had to go to a more industrial timesheet-driven system.
    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

One possible solution is to use Adobe Designer to design forms and using a submit by email button. Once the button is hit an xml file is sent to the desired email. That person can now insert the xml file into the orginal document and then save it or do whatever. I think they have to have Pro at the final end.
      Less be more.

Comment

I've searched adobe. They have their LiveCycle suite but it is outragiously priced. I was hoping to find another developer with a similar product, or a work around. I doubt the Adobe site will be much help finding an alternative product to what they are selling.

I've done the e-mail button thing. Using Acrobat someone using reader CAN submit info (by a button) and print the page but can not save. These are the flaws I'm trying to work around.

Comment

Originally posted by CSGdesigner
          I've done the e-mail button thing. Using Acrobat someone using reader CAN submit info (by a button) and print the page but can not save. These are the flaws I'm trying to work around.
          I understand that, and I thought I explained myself throughly. I'll try again. Say employee Jim fills out a time off request form and then clicks the email button. That sends an xml file to Connie in Human resources. Connier with Acrobat Pro applies that xml file back to Acrobat file, filling out the information supplied. Connie can then save that new pdf with the data entered. That way only a few people or just one have to have Acrobat Pro. It's still paperless and only requires one license.
          Less be more.

Comment

Thanks, ya I got that.

The problem is that after the employee fills it out and sends it to HR, HR then needs save it to sent to the mannager for approval. The manager then needs to save it and send back to HR with/without approval. HR has to save it one more time and send it to the employee letting them know if it has been approved.
            Last edited by CSGdesigner; 05-01-2007, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X