general screen printing advice?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general screen printing advice?

howdo, i've never knowingly created anything to be screen printed before and so i was wondering if you had any advice or things to keep in mind when designing for screenprint? I know not to go too detailed (or use colours at less than 10%) as it might be lost but is there anything else i need to think of?
    the job in point is to be printed full colour on vinyl at 120 lines (?!?)...
    The beginning is always today.

You should really talk to the guy doing the screen printing. Is it 4-color or spot color?

Comment

4 col - cmyk
      The beginning is always today.

Comment

I've never done a true 4-color job in silkscreen before. One of my vendors does excellent work in 4-color but we've only ever done spot jobs with him. Sorry.

Comment

I screenprint on textile a lot and try and avoid 4 color process because results vary and only really know how well something looks when you have already made screens and printed one. Last time i tried was a Ham on rye sandwich and the bread came out blue. Not so appetising.
          The more contrast you ahve helps and try not to use too many colours from all over the spectrum. Seems to me when there are too many colors the separations aim for middle ground and don't hit any exactly.
          As per usual best to consult your friendly local screenprinter BEFORE you spend too much time on your design

Comment

Search

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• nagygg
            Reply to Print screen desaturates image
            nagygg
            No, I don't want to work with the pasted image further, I just used it to compare if the image shown in the Windows Photo Viewer, and the image shown on the canvas have the same pixel colors. Then I noticed,...
            Today, 12:33 AM
          • CobraStrike
            Reply to Tell me what you think!
            CobraStrike
            Dear ShantiBliss,

1 Positive - It is a great start, you are thinking about the subject matter in an interesting and unique way. 2 Positive - You are thinking about a focal point which is...
            Yesterday, 11:52 PM
          • CobraStrike
            Which Font do you Think Works Best?
            CobraStrike
            Hello World,

My Boss signed off and is asking the customer on the first design. But I am wondering which font looks better. 1, 2, or neither in your opinion and why?

Thank you,...
            Yesterday, 11:24 PM
          • CobraStrike
            Reply to Help with a color palette
            CobraStrike
            Hello alber2410,

So, you are probably going to get a million responses. Yellow or orange will go with both your purples and blues I am sure you know this. I would suggest an in-between...
            Yesterday, 11:10 PM
          • CobraStrike
            Reply to Playing Cards
            CobraStrike
            Dear JofDiamonds,

I like the work that you have produced. 1. Negative - While I notice the varying line width of the image it might not be enough to really make the work stand out. With that...
            Yesterday, 10:50 PM

GDF A division of Mediabistro Holdings Adweek | Mediabistro | Clio | Film Expo Group Contact Us | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy Copyright 2016 Mediabistro Holdings
          Working...
          X