Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• georgemaharis1
    HI!
    georgemaharis1
    Just posted in printing and prepress. Hope to see it approved shortly!
    Today, 12:36 AM
  • georgemaharis1
    Register from a Gerber to a Roland or vice versa?
    georgemaharis1
    I need to be able to routinely prototype / make comps of self adhesive labels. This includes both clear and opaque. I have access to a ROLAND VS which does a VERY good job, but the metallics it can...
    Today, 12:14 AM
  • desmiley1
    Reply to Illustrator won't let me highlight text?
    desmiley1
    Same here, new account...Thanks so much for posting this answer. The zombie post lives and has been re-awakened for 2014!
    Yesterday, 10:32 PM
  • Sbower
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    Sbower
    Thank you everyone for you comments they have been very helpful. I do have to agree after looking it over again I don't think the icon reads very effectively. And therefore makes it a bit useless. And...
    Yesterday, 09:58 PM
  • PanToshi
    Comment on Are you able to read the text?
    PanToshi
    No prob. The vBulletin forum software is really kinda… well, borked up. I'm glad the workaround works for ya.
    Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general screen printing advice?

howdo, i've never knowingly created anything to be screen printed before and so i was wondering if you had any advice or things to keep in mind when designing for screenprint? I know not to go too detailed (or use colours at less than 10%) as it might be lost but is there anything else i need to think of?
    the job in point is to be printed full colour on vinyl at 120 lines (?!?)...
    The beginning is always today.

You should really talk to the guy doing the screen printing. Is it 4-color or spot color?

Comment

4 col - cmyk
      The beginning is always today.

Comment

I've never done a true 4-color job in silkscreen before. One of my vendors does excellent work in 4-color but we've only ever done spot jobs with him. Sorry.

Comment

I screenprint on textile a lot and try and avoid 4 color process because results vary and only really know how well something looks when you have already made screens and printed one. Last time i tried was a Ham on rye sandwich and the bread came out blue. Not so appetising.
          The more contrast you ahve helps and try not to use too many colours from all over the spectrum. Seems to me when there are too many colors the separations aim for middle ground and don't hit any exactly.
          As per usual best to consult your friendly local screenprinter BEFORE you spend too much time on your design

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
          Working...
          X