Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Custom social icons
    BillyLogan
    For me, customizing your own social media icons reflect creativity and imagination. However, it may tend to look less professional because of the artistry of some people. So if you have a corporate website,...
    Today, 01:40 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    garricks
    Judy, the description of the sub forum reads:

Jobs and Paying projects.NO SPEC WORK OR CONTESTS! PAID WORK ONLY! IF IT'S NOT PAYING WORK DO NOT POST IT HERE!!! If you don't want the job,...
    Today, 12:49 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt

Hello,

When it comes to designing a T-shirt what resolution do you generally work at?? And where can I find a template that is "actual print size"? I’m having a hard guessing how big I should be making that graphic elements going on it.

Thanks

I always work at at least 30,000 dpi in photoshop when designing t-shirts. But what I'd suggest is that you use illustrator or a vector program to design your t-shirts and that way you don't need to worry about dpi.

Comment

thanks keith. I was thinking about that, but I had a few brushes I wanted to use but I'm thinkin' they're to small and it might be a bad idea.

do you know any good templates for illustrator?
      or brushes?

thanks

Comment

I always work at at least 30,000 dpi
        Holy Bleeping Bleep Bleep Bleep
        I think he meant 300 DPI....................Or am I in outspace on this one?
        Living Large in Trenton..........BOOYAH

Comment

Nope it's 30,000 dpi, you saw correct. My designs are so high in resolution that they exceed the clarity and crispness of reality.

Comment

In the past I've taken a large T-shirt, measured it, and used those measurements to make up a template in Illustrator. A box for the main portion, make an oval for the collar and use the pathfinder to cut out the collar out of the main box, then a couple of boxes at angles for the sleeves. Really simple and kind of goofy lookin but one gets the idea. You can get really detailed with you're template if your going to make a lot of designs.

Otherwise do a google search on T-shirt templates. There's a bunch for sale - by the time you find a free one, you probably could have made it yourself.

Check with your (screen?) printer, or iron on maker to check what the max size of the printed design should be. Might be different if you're doing kids/babies' Ts.
            . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

lol, Keith is the number one web button designer of the GDF. (Post some buttons, Keith!) He designs in HD.
              "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by mar1300
                thanks keith. I was thinking about that, but I had a few brushes I wanted to use but I'm thinkin' they're to small and it might be a bad idea.

do you know any good templates for illustrator?
                or brushes?

thanks
                What exactly are you trying to design as far as graphic elements?

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
                  Nope it's 30,000 dpi, you saw correct. My designs are so high in resolution that they exceed the clarity and crispness of reality.

Pfsssh! Is that all? I usually go with 300 mdpi (moles of dots per inch) - my dots are so small they make subatomic particles look fat. I have to use a super computer designed by Richard Pryor in order to work with the files.
                  . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

Originally posted by morea
                    lol, Keith is the number one web button designer of the GDF. (Post some buttons, Keith!) He designs in HD.
                    That's right morea, notice my new title!

Comment

Originally posted by LeftBrain Artist
                      Pfsssh! Is that all? I usually go with 300 mdpi (moles of dots per inch) - my dots are so small they make subatomic particles look fat. I have to use a super computer designed by Richard Pryor in order to work with the files.
                      I admire your resolution but now you're just bragging. Plus everyone knows humans cannot detect resolutions higher than 30K dpi. So it's pointless.

Comment

graphic elements such as this:

I'm not to great with the pen tool, so i need little bit of help.
                        Attached Files

Comment

maybe you should get a wacom drawing tablet then?

Comment

do they work well......I've heard mix thoughts. some say they suck and the pen tool is better, others say it's better then the pen tool.....??? i don't know??

Comment

Originally posted by keith1
                              I admire your resolution but now you're just bragging. Plus everyone knows humans cannot detect resolutions higher than 30K dpi. So it's pointless.
                              That's why I hire eagles to proof my files. Not only do they have the skills and know-how, I can pay them in fish.
                              . . . in bed

(.)(.)™

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X