X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word doc to PDF

Simple pdf question for ya. I have a CV that is 3 pages long. I want to make this a pdf for a website I am making for myself. I did Google it but is seemed very long winded. I can get one page done but of course word has split pages. Is there a quick way of doing this?

Print to file and then distill. It's that simple.
    Less be more.

Comment

That's only simple if you have Acrobat to distill it with.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
        That's only simple if you have Acrobat to distill it with.
        Correct.
        Less be more.

Comment

You made your CV in Word? Why? Word sucks donkey nuts for quarters for layouts.

<-- Did resume in InDesign as it should be.
          Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Do you resume in Flash so when people mouseover it, it will talk to them and change colors! LOL.

If you still want to use Word, PrimoPDF is a free file converter that can turn your Word files into PDF.
            Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus
              You made your CV in Word? Why? Word sucks donkey nuts for quarters for layouts.

<-- Did resume in InDesign as it should be.
              I would have gone with donkey nuts for dimes, but to each it's own. My last resume I did in Illustrator.
              Less be more.

Comment

Illustrator? Did all of the words have a 3 pt stroke? I think Word can do a fine job at resumes. They're supposed to be simple and clear anyway. InDesign allows the designer more control over margins, but that isn't always needed. We're talking about a resume, not a magazine layout.
                Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

My resume looks like a nice layout... A resume has to stand out and make a great first impression.

Comment

I only had a one page resume so a multi-page layout program would be more than I need.
                    Less be more.

Comment

I would like to condense mine to one page but unfortunately mine is about 1.25 pages. : / Hence, my decision to use Indy vs. Illy. I include some of my freelance services and accomplishments in there now. My old one was 1 page and I did it in Illy. The last time I did a resume in word I was in high school and didn't know any better.

Comment

Find someone with Acrobat Proessional and MS Word. If Acrobat professional is installed, there will be an Acrobat icon in MS Word. Just click on the icon and it will convert the document to a PDF.

It's that simple.

Comment

A lot of corporations only accept resumes in Word. They use their keyword bots on em. Some only want ASCI text. A beautifully designed resume in InDesign will get you nowhere. If that's the kind of place you want to work...

Comment

If you’re in the UK you have to use word for your CV, as you can only upload in .doc format. I personaly HATE word, and always have. I do have an online portfolio for more web and design work, but I do more then web and graphic design. This CV is for more technical means. The web design industry is a bit flat here at the moment if your not a grad, so you have to do other things sometimes.

I have acrobat but maybe not the right version. Ill look into downloading it.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SurfPark
                              Do you resume in Flash so when people mouseover it, it will talk to them and change colors! LOL.

If you still want to use Word, PrimoPDF is a free file converter that can turn your Word files into PDF.
                              Or you can use PDFCreator

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X