X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illy borders

So i was using some of the preloaded borders in illy but ran across a problem. When i apply the border and then try to fill the circle...the fill overlaps under the border...it wont allow me to align the border to the outside. how do i get around this. i tried dragging the border onto the art board and live painting it...make the transarent parts white....but then returning it to the border palette and applying it poses a problem...as someone in the whole process it adds a white spacing...making a break in the border. any idea on how to get around this. many thanks!
    caleb
    Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

did you try putting a colored box behind the box with the border?
    www.standercreative.com

Comment

no. but i dont think that will do it. gonna try after this posting. take a look at the pic i have attached. this is an illy border. i moved the bottom line up near the top to show what i think the problem is. see how the bottom line is slightly bigger than the top. when i apply the border straight from illy no prob. just when i edited i have problems. well try the white background...but am not sure if i should draw the end of it it the longer line or shorter.
      Attached Files

Comment

If I am understanding your issue (and I may not be...)
        Another option is to take the entire border (without fill) and expand it, then use the live paint bucket to fill the interior.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was going to suggest, more or less.
          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
          mediamainline.com
          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

yea. thats what i did. no luck. maybe i am doing something wrong. if you get a chance try it yourself to see. the border is in the border collection in illy. i am curious now.

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
            Working...
            X