Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• damonharris
    Reply to Business Logo Design
    damonharris
    Logo represent you and your business. If it's presentable enough, that means you are credible too in giving services to the clients or customers. That's why it's very important in any business because...
    Today, 06:12 AM
  • damonharris
    Reply to creative business cards
    damonharris
    Choose a design that is creative and effective enough to boost your business and will get the interest of your potential customers. That's what I'm always telling my friends who are in the business. And...
    Today, 06:03 AM
  • Yehoshua
    Cover Layout Feedback
    Yehoshua
    I've been exploring more with minimalism, but still trying to keep things logical. This is a 11x17 cover for a recent undergrad project I've been working on. Does it work? Why or why not? The blue wacked...
    Today, 04:22 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Down selling to clients
    vaprarts
    Now i have no real experience working with clients but in my opinion you did what most designers should do. You are being hired as a designer not an artist. Its our job to create work that makes sense....
    Today, 02:58 AM
  • Buda
    Reply to Zoo Business Card Critique Wanted
    Buda
    I really like the aesthetic.

Will you do more in the series? You could have a different design for different departments.
    Today, 02:44 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son's first vehicle wrap!

sort of! its his pinewood derby car for the boy scouts. His uncle is stationed in Japan and he is fascinated by all things asian.
    Last edited by Brie; 03-24-2009, 03:14 PM.
    “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

That is precious!
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" – Winnie the Pooh

Comment

That's great! Let us know how it does at the races! My son has done those with his scout troop. Your son's turned out beautiful!
      You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

nice one!
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Cool! How big is that?

When I was a kid, we never had many interesting factory made toy cars, so every year during the Safari Rally we would make wire hanger frame cars with rubber bathroom slipper wheels and race each other in the neighbourhood.

The older boys were more innovative and would use large discarded tin cans that they would cut pannels ot off to make huge cars similar to that your son made.
          Purity and simplicity... and ubuntu.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not appreciate your neutrality.
          - Bishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

If you stash some weights in the front end it will go alot faster.
            How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

Originally posted by Logo-Mechanix
              If you stash some weights in the front end it will go alot faster.
              If you design your car to the min. requirements, then add the qualifing weight as lead 75% rear / 25% front. The front pulls it, but you need the extra downward push, the 75% in the rear will give you that extra push at the bottom of the track, AND you could polish the wheels (check local rules for this, some places you can be disqualified)

Sorry, used to be in scouts.

Nice car though Brie.
              pas·sion
              If there is no passion in your life, then have you already lived? Find your passion, whatever it may be. Become it, and let it become you, and you will find great things happen for you, to you, and because of you.
              -T. Alan Armstrong

Comment

Actually silicon works really well on the wheels.
                How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

We once tried using precision wheel bearings for these we found from some Californian supplier. These were subsequentially banned for the following year.

Comment

^Too funny man!
                    I wish the cub/boy scouts actually did fun stuff where I grew up. It was pretty lame.

Comment

<-- Wasn't allowed to join the girl scouts.

blog/portfolio

Comment

<- was in 4H.
                        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

<---was a Sunbeam.

|
                          Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

<---was a brownie, girl scout and now I'm a Den mother to 6 boys!

Thanks for the tips on making it go faster, but I think the "scoop" on the hood (that my Dad installed on there) makes the car meet the EXACT weight requirements (He's an engineer, who does wood working as a hobby-hence the car looking more like a car and less like a block of wood if I had done it!)
                            Sakimoto - the car is about 6" long and 2" wide. They set up a track and the boys all race their cars. The derby is this saturday, so wish us luck! here's another pic
                            Last edited by Brie; 07-19-2008, 01:13 AM.
                            “The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level we created them.” Albert Einstein

Comment

bump

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X