Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    The highest I managed was 35. But I think the levels are generated by the program and there will be a new level as long as there is still time left on the clock, no matter how fast you are.
    Today, 09:20 AM
  • sybli
    Comment on How well do you see color? (fun & games)
    sybli
    I have noticed the same thing with me, only with dark green. I'm averaging 25 but I made it to 35 only once and that was a lucky streak without any dark greens whatsoever.
    Today, 09:18 AM
  • fynch
    Reply to Help with logo "fynch"
    fynch
    Hi guys thanks for all the input,

@Kitchwitch thank you for the welcome Ill go over and check out the rules now, glad to know I wasn't having computer errors in posting this.
    Today, 04:44 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Reply to From Architect House Plan to Realistic 3D model
    Kayekaye
    Well there are all kinds of 3d architectural software. But how can you download them, learn them, and draw this in 24 hours. Not very realistic. He should be able to do a 3d from his plans on CAD like...
    Today, 04:32 AM
  • Kayekaye
    Comment on InDesign Style Sheets--Numbered bullets
    Kayekaye
    Yes this was killing me recently, all of them being numbered as 1. Did your fix work?
    Today, 04:06 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what makes a good graphic designer?

Was wondering what everyone's view is on in regard to what attributes in a good graphic designer are essential?

I think it has three folds,

Skill, talent, and senses of art.

Comment

big feet.
      The beginning is always today.

Comment

Eyes, fingers, computer.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

without doubt: $, ,

Comment

Able to do enough math to subtract the printer's standard turn-around time (including your ability to turn around a proof) from the due date of the project.

Comment

a calm temperament and lots of patience
              The beginning is always today.

Comment

attention to detail, enough of the grasp of the language you working in and the syntax rules for it to write a cutline, a headline, subhead or at least mostly proof some of the text you're working with. i mean, knowing how to spell and having a good basic knowledge of general style guidelines, whether or not you use them always, is worth its weight in gold, i think.

just my .02.
                Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

As long as you know the language you working in.

Comment

^^lol at PD.

good point.
                    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

According to most non-artsy people, all it takes is a computer, powerpoint, and the ability to paste clip-art into a file. Anyone can 'design' right??? Or in the words of many people around the office...'just Photoshop it!'. That's their answer to everything.

Ok..seriously, based on my 16 years of experience, to me the most important things are attention to detail, ability to listen to the customer and provide them what they want in a timely manner, keep an eye on current trends, and the ability to visualize things. Oh...and to ALWAYS keep a positive attitude when designing.

I may not have an education in design, but over the past 16 years these are what have been 'key' to my success...ay least in my opinion.
                      tmooregraphics
                      Horsepower For Your Business!
                      Follow me on Facebook and Twitter

Comment

passion. I cant stress that enough. Its not a half-assed industry. you need passion.
                        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

A hard shell. That's what you need.

Originally posted by PrintDriver
                          As long as you know the language you working in.
                          Hey, I resemble that remark! It just so happens that I design in foreign languages all the time, without a clue what they're saying.
                          (the designs never look as good after the type-setter has gotten their hands on it, but I can live with that - as long as I get paid. )
                          Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                          mediamainline.com
                          cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jackimalyn
                            passion. I cant stress that enough. Its not a half-assed industry. you need passion.
                            ...and the capacity to not let certain, seemingly relentless people crush it.
                            at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Hey, don't you talk that way about mom and dad!

(just kidding - my dad's an invalid and my mom's in another country, but the parental thing just seems a common story from many designers)
                              Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                              mediamainline.com
                              cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X