Comment on Happy Turkey Day!!
    Salt
    hehe
    because you ate stuffed turkey.
    Today, 08:05 AM
  • MaNL
    Reply to Sand Queen
    MaNL
    Hey, my fellow countryman! Great illustrations, especially knowing you picked up illustrator just 6 moths ago. Just wanted to know if all of the illustrations are drawn by yourself? If yes thats a big...
    Today, 07:18 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Constructive Criticism?
    murofwoh
    agree lose the slogan ---ha, pretty brash..........................other than that, since you are a youngin', you have a nice start. continue to push the envelope and learn learn learn learn and observe...
    Today, 05:40 AM
  • murofwoh
    so, i have decided to start up a bit of freelancing
    murofwoh
    to help pay the bills. three kids, one a high school junior, plus some big bills coming due have forced my hand. one cool thing is I made this decision after someone asked me to help them out with some...
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • murofwoh
    Reply to Logo feedback needed
    murofwoh
    it isn't the worst logo I have ever seen, but it has a bit of a clip art feel to it, like you used a cityscape clip art then a clip art runner then a jet and melded the three. also more exploration with...
    Today, 01:14 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .pdf files to disk

Hi there!

I'm not sure if I have come to the right place. But I need to ask a question and hopefully someone will be able to help me out!

I have a .pdf file that I would like to put on a cd to send to a few people via regular mail. I was wondering if there is any way I can create the disk so that when they place it in their computer drive, it will open automatically on their screen to be read - rather than having to click the icon to open it. The original document was created in a word processing program then converted to a .pdf file.

I received a cd one time that had a powerpoint presentation on it and once I placed it in my computer drive, the presentation ran automatically with narration embedded. I liked the way it was presented and was hoping I could do something similar.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

paysley

I don't know about the process to do this but I deliberately disable AutoMount because of disks like this. I don't want anything running that I haven't told to run. I get incredibly pissed when someone figures out how to go around the AutoMount. There is a way using Acrobat to do it, full screen view autoplay, but I've never done it.

I'm sure someone will be able to help you with the programming part.

Comment

I don't like Auto Mount either. Maybe there's a way you could make it opt-in instead? Like something comes up that asks if you want to run the presentation now?

Another thing you could do (and I don't know how to do this, but I know there's a way) so that when the CD mounts, the CD window opens up, and the icon for the PDF is the only thing visible in the disk window, that way they can choose whether to run it or not. Kind of like the way installer disks do it.
      "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

I agree with both of the above^^...

Nonetheless, InstallShield Expo Autoplay is what you're looking for (and don't ask me why they use such an awful looking example!!).
        Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
        mediamainline.com
        cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
        Working...
        X