Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• rickinsa
    Comment on 7pt. Font size is industry standard for body text?
    rickinsa
    It was more than just putting up with a less knowledgeable person. She wanted to control everything and do it all her way. Much of what she said is so over the top wrong that it just baffles me and tried...
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • MichaelWied
    Reply to Some interesting Graphic Design debate discussions?
    MichaelWied
    Cool idea! I'm actually working on a blog myself. Just some advice that was given to me by someone who studies journalism is to have a years worth of content ready. So if it's a weekly blog, have no less...
    Today, 04:41 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    garricks
    I bought a Canoscan based on PrintDriver's recommendation, and I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. It's a workhorse.
    Yesterday, 11:45 PM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to How to choose a scanner?
    PrintDriver
    There aren't that many scanners to choose from any more. I use a Canoscan 8800 and I'd buy another Canoscan in a minute. Good machine.
    Yesterday, 11:39 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Client hasn't paid and is using my website!!
    Buda
    I would never hand over the work to an untrustworthy client without getting payment. You let this happen.

If you don't have a contract and deposit, take this as an expensive lesson to make...
    Yesterday, 09:35 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New logo of a shopping mall

Recently, a shopping mall near me decided to expand. Also, they got themselves a new logo.

The name of the mall is "Arken" (as in Noah's Ark).

http://www.arkensenter.no/

On the roof of the mall, this logo is in relatively dark blue, which made me think: hmm..I've seen this before;

Coincidense?

It might coincidence, but putting someone else's flag on the roof/room is allowed as long as it didn't fly around in front of your home or office

btw, what flag is it on the roof and where the mall is placed? I can't remember nation's flags too many.

Comment

Originally posted by furiouSPEED
      It might coincidence, but putting someone else's flag on the roof/room is allowed as long as it didn't fly around in front of your home or office

btw, what flag is it on the roof and where the mall is placed? I can't remember nation's flags too many.
      The mall is in Norway. The flag I've posted is the flag of Israel, but the Star of David is not only a part of the Israeli flag, but a symbol of the Jewish religion.

Comment

Originally posted by fredrich
        The mall is in Norway. The flag I've posted is the flag of Israel, but the Star of David is not only a part of the Israeli flag, but a symbol of the Jewish religion.
        It might be only an Israel based franchise in Norway (try to observe information more on their homepage). Such international franchiser like McDonald, KFC, TFC usually use American theme, as one of point of interests in marketing their product to set the atmosphere up to their origin.

I am not sure about jewish logo, The shopping mall owner maybe a jewish.

Comment

It's a boat, well, ark carrying a letter A. Not half a star.

Sheesh.

Comment

are you sure it's not just a funny hat?
            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

it looks like a paper boat. or a hat
              i need wii friends =)
              5289 3036 7758 7104

Comment

Originally posted by furiouSPEED
                It might be only an Israel based franchise in Norway (try to observe information more on their homepage). Such international franchiser like McDonald, KFC, TFC usually use American theme, as one of point of interests in marketing their product to set the atmosphere up to their origin.

I am not sure about jewish logo, The shopping mall owner maybe a jewish.
                I live 3 km from the mall, so no, it's not an Israel based franchise. Hardly doubt they have anything kosher in there.

Comment

I am confused why would they be flying the Israeli flag on a mall in Norway? I mean I have seen stranger things but this is peculiar to say the least.
                  How about a chain pickerel in your bath tub?

Comment

first thing i thought of when i saw the logo was if it was a ajewish mall. weird.
                    Dribbble Page
                    Behance Portfolio
                    Linkedin Profile

Comment

This has got to be one of the most mixed up threads in a long while.
                      I don't think the Israeli flag is on the mall.

Comment

I agree. There is no flag. The poster put a picture of the flag to illustrate what they were talking about. Obviously the logo is an ark or paper boat.

The logo isn't meant to represent a flag or spiritual symbol becuase it takes a symbol and cuts it in half. I think this is a classic case of someone making a connection that doesn't exist.
                        Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

In New Zealand, malls are owned by Jewish people. But our malls' logos don't look like that. I would say it's done on purpose - if the owners are Jewish that is...
                          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

My first thought was a kid's paper hat as well - then secondly, half of the Star of David. It doesn't seem to be a particularly strong graphic image for a mall.

- J.
                            Jeff Fisher | Engineer of Creative Identity
                            Jeff Fisher LogoMotives | Twoot! Twoot!

Comment

i may seem out of place but i must say it, I am PALESTINIAN and it hurt me and my people to think that the Israeli flag a symbol of my peoples pain and death used as a marketing logo, we are occupied my the Israeli government and caused us so much pain. i am sorry if this offends any one on the site but as a proud Palestinian i must say this, i know i may be out of place and i am sorry

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X