Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Gwishin
    Portfolio advice/criticism
    Gwishin
    Hey guys!

This is my first post here, and I was hoping to get some feedback and advice/crticism about my "work". Im very curious about what you guys think, specially the ones of...
    Today, 04:47 AM
  • crdunsto
    Freelance Work/Volunteer Experience on Resume/Applications
    crdunsto
    I'm applying to several colleges over the break (SVA, MICA, Memphis, MCAD, SCAD, FIT, Parsons), and need advice on how to reference my freelance work from late 2012 up to now.

Name of Organization...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • FredBouffard
    Reply to Law Firm Website Redesign
    FredBouffard
    Your website will always reflect the kind of business you offer so it is just in time that you update your client's website. I like the large header, but the text on the upper portion of it looks dated....
    Today, 01:29 AM
  • FredBouffard
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    FredBouffard
    Looks like a bull right but it needs a little bit of polishing and enhancements. Bulls have basically long, curved very pointed horns so you can work on that. And maybe fiercer eyes....
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats this kind of design called

hey yall, I have always wanted to do designs like this one! does any one know where i can get autoshapes like the ones at the base of the text. ant the ones at the top.
    I would also like to know what this kind of design style is called. pls help out peeps
    Attached Files

here is another sample
    Attached Files

Comment

Thats probably not an auto shape, looks like it was custom made using Illustrator and the reflect tool.

Oh, and its called "graphic" design, not to be confused with interior design.
      Really, I don't think its part of any particular style or movement. If I had to coin a term for it, I'd call it Extemporaneous Latinolithic.
      . . . in bed

(.)(.)Ö

You can fry an egg on the devil's hiney, but it ain't never gonna come out sunny-side up, A-men!

Comment

I was thinking they had something to do with greek designs! well i Know some one who is a good artist can design those shapes but am interested in finding autoshapes of such designs, so I need a name to search with

Comment

You keep saying autoshapes? Which is what PowerPoint uses. In a very broad sense, those shapes are essentially flourishes.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

looking for shortcuts, methinks.

well, you can search for photoshop brushes that do those shapes, as well as illustrator vector art templates.

if you're looking to do this in powerpoint, or if that's the software you're using, you may be on the wrong forum.

no offense meant.
            Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

If your a "true" designer, you could make those yourself........easily

Comment

Originally posted by BamaArtist
                If your a "true" designer, you could make those yourself........easily
                Well, like my old mum used to say "If you can't say anything constructive, shut the hell up before I knock your lights out" I love my Ma!
                at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

It was nice.....
                  You can do it...easily...really.
                  Knock that out and post 'em here and show me.
                  Seriously...it will take 30 minutes..at most!
                  Last edited by BamaArtist; 05-04-2007, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankster
                    Well, like my old mum used to say "If you can't say anything constructive, shut the hell up before I knock your lights out" I love my Ma!
                    Agreed.
                    Think of me as programmable soda.
                    Tori Amos

Comment

Originally posted by jessicam
                      Agreed.
                      A little sensitive are we?
                      I figured it was a statement of encouragement.....
                      My best results come from project that were said couldn't be done.......

Comment

Jeeze look what you started mandin! Come up here and just invoke your havoc!

</kidding>
                        Last edited by Jackimalyn; 05-04-2007, 09:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
                        www.jackiecreative.com

People who live in glass houses sink ships.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaArtist
                          A little sensitive are we?
                          I figured it was a statement of encouragement.....
                          My best results come from project that were said couldn't be done.......

Excellent ... now if you have nothing constructive to say .... don't say it. Bashing someones design abilities is always bad form. A constructive critique is fine... however from what I see a question was asked, nothing was asked to be critiqued.

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

Originally posted by Red Kittie Kat
                            Excellent ... now if you have nothing constructive to say .... don't say it. Bashing someones design abilities is always bad form. A constructive critique is fine... however from what I see a question was asked, nothing was asked to be critiqued.
                            Telling someone they can design that themself IS constructive. I did not bash...I said it could be done easily in less than 30 minutes. Nor did I critique. Please read entire thread.

Comment

there ilistrations or other words line art and belive it or not its not that easy

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X