Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• KitchWitch
    Reply to Re Branding my personal logo.
    KitchWitch
    Hi Sbower and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done...
    Today, 05:29 PM
  • MC_Dubuque
    Graphic Designer | Dubuque, Iowa
    MC_Dubuque
    McCullough Creative is looking for a Graphic Designer who is enthusiastic, believes in the power of creativity, and has a drive to succeed. You will be challenged to produce fresh design across many mediums....
    Today, 04:40 PM
  • subdrewgans
    Reply to Personal Icon/Logo
    subdrewgans
    Simplify everything.

Is this scalable
    Does it work in one color
    As PrintDriver mentioned above, the text is just now working.
    Today, 04:20 PM
  • subdrewgans
    subdrewgans
    These all look like the same concept, just with the text in different places. Try coming up with 3 very different concepts for your logo and then pick the best one and expand on that.

Also...
    Today, 04:17 PM
  • kemingMatters
    kemingMatters
    IMHO 3-5 are out because the icon isn't clearly SB, at first glance it looks like it could be a marble, a ghost or a duck in a circle. I find the period to be a touch distracting in the remaining versions....
    Today, 04:13 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should beginners start learning graphic design?

I've never learnt graphic design before, but I'd love to start learning graphic design in my own spare time. What is the best way a beginner should get started learning graphic design?

Study all the graphic design you see around you. Magazines, packaging, business stationery, advertising etc.

You'll soon be drawn to certain styles and parts of the industry. Practice creating your own designs. It is certainly an industry where you learn by practicing.
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
    Working...
    X