Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when i was in design school almost 20 year ago ...

They have this little design theory exercise ...

There is a white square board

and on this white square board you have 8 by 8 black circles evenly lined up uniformly

now the design theory is this ... you can only simple geomatric shapes to make a design and a route or path way from one circle to the next

the idea of the exercise is to make each circle flow from one circle to the next using only simple geometric shapes ...

so how you use your simple geometric shapes plays a very major role in the design ...

using things such as positive space and negative space etc etc etc

this is pure 100% design work ...

your design must visually flow from one circle to the next through out all the 8 x 8 circles ...

and there is this other thing ... this is a purely black and white exercise

no halftone or color or anything ... purely black and white ...

even up till now ... this exercise is still a doozer ... and it still baffles me a bit ...

I was wondering if there is any reference books on the market that teaches such design principles ???

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
Working...
X