Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• RCdublin
    Design Student Introduction
    RCdublin
    Hello everyone. I'm a design student in Dublin Ireland and I've just discovered the forum.

Looking forward to meet everyone and share ideas and tips.

There's a little...
    Today, 09:41 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Reply to Graphic Design tutorials
    misplacedVTer
    Lynda is good for learning how to use design programs, not how to go about designing things....
    Today, 09:36 PM
  • misplacedVTer
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma┬┐?
    misplacedVTer
    @StudioMonkey
    The problem is that most places get SO many applications for a job posting that automatically weeding out the people without a degree becomes a way to pare the number down to something...
    Today, 09:31 PM
  • Cosmo
    Reply to RIP: The Necrology Thread
    Cosmo
    The name may not mean much to a lot of you, but just found out Steve Hed - one of the pioneers in bicycle wheel design - passed away today. I ride a set of his wheels on my race bike.

ht...
    Today, 08:56 PM
  • justproud2b
    General Branding (Re-branding)
    justproud2b
    Hello All,

I ended up finding this website in a search for information help to my issue. I need people for a sounding board. I'm trying to rebrand myself and I am struggling with a direction...
    Today, 08:31 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indesign to PDF - compression issue?

I have to make this interactive PDF for a class I'm taking. It's basically a mailer of my portfolio in CD format. The problem is that all my images look perfectly fine in InDesign, but when I export into PDF all my images look fuzzy. I've played with the compression settings in the Export to PDF, but what am I doing wrong? Please Help!!!

Need more info. Are this vector or raster art? What are you transparency flattener settings? What are your PDF export settings?
    Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
    mediamainline.com
    cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Did you save the pdf as press or high quality?

did you scale your images?- if so are they at least 150 - 300 dpi?

Comment

Raster. 72dpi (which maybe that's the problem).

I don't know the answer to the Transparency Flattener settings.

PDF Export Settings: High Quality Print

Color Images: Don't Downsample; Compression: None

Grayscale: Bicubic downsampling to 300 ppi for images above 450ppi; Compression: Auto (Jpeg) Image Quality: Maximum

Monochrome Images: Bicubic downsampling to 1200 ppi for 1800ppi; Compression: CCITT Group 4

Both Compress Text and Line Art and Crop Image Data Frames are checked off.

I've been fiddling with all of the settings, but I believe that's the last way I saved it. The problem is mainly with the thumb nails I created, those are 72dpi, I'll try re-making them and see what happens.

Comment

72dpi is definately definately your problem.

Do you have the original high resolution (300dpi) images? If you resave a 72dpi image as a 300dpi it will still look like poop.
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" ľ Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Yeah, I have all the original images. I think I was trying to cut corners and just grab everything from the website I already made.

Since I started swapping them out with the higher dpi stuff things be looking up.

I'm chalking this one up to a late night freak out, when the answer was so obvious! d'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by budafist
              Do you have the original high resolution (300dpi) images? If you resave a 72dpi image as a 300dpi it will still look like poop.
              Actually, they look worse. All you do is amplify the pixelization.
              Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
              mediamainline.com
              cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
              Working...
              X