Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to Design Assignment
    <b>
    I took a chance and downloaded the PDF.

Anyway, what do you mean about mimicking a design? What design are you trying to mimic?

As for a grid, yeah, I can see that you've...
    Today, 04:34 PM
  • grphxdsner
    Comment on Question about printing PDF and matching color
    grphxdsner
    You and I both think it's odd... and to be honest its from a very large well known ad agency so it is even more surprising.

I am not the printer. I am a designer and I am leading the design...
    Today, 04:32 PM
  • chr2014
    Reply to Paint Shop Pro 5
    chr2014
    Thanks Cosmo...

I downloaded the file but it put utilities on my computer that I had to delete.

It would be nice if you could just download the paint program without having unwanted...
    Today, 04:21 PM
  • mikelamar
    Reply to Changing color mode InDesign
    mikelamar
    And how I do that? Please enlighten me !!!
    Today, 04:19 PM
  • <b>
    Comment on Advice for logo
    <b>
    In a typeface design, little quirks in the glyphs are typically repeated throughout the entire character set. Isolate one glyph from the font, however, and a small quirk can look like a mistake since...
    Today, 04:19 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Greener Apple...

well, somehow, that Green Apple organization made an impact on apple, inc.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/agreenerapple/

quick, someone start an Expensive Apple Organization to see if we can get them to drop their prices...
    www.standercreative.com

just goes to show all those tree huggers had no idea what they were bitching about in the first place
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Good ol PR BS. Apple did not cave into demands because of a bunch of environmental nutjobs - they did it because it helped out their bottom line. It's not like they are targeting the smelly hippie demographic - Their design & performance goals happened to match the goals of the environmentalists and they are going to milk it for all it's worth.

Removing CRT's was done to streamline the product line and exploit the higher margins and design elements of LCD's

Removal of the Arsenic (LED Backlighting for displays) will reduce power consumption therefor extending the battery life of their notebooks.

I actually saw this last week on some greenpeace blog (hit digg's front page I think) This is nothing more than FREE positive PR promoting how great apple is ... and personally I love it - Apple Stock trading at almost $104

Apple plans to reduce and eventually eliminate the use of mercury by transitioning to LED backlighting for all displays when technically and economically feasible.
      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
      Working...
      X