Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Candy Shop Logo
    lowfatgraphics
    "S" is tough to read-- looks interesting. the glossy highlights seem to have multiple light sources tho...might want to double check.
    Today, 03:43 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    lowfatgraphics
    Tough to comment because I'm not aware of its usage...signage or a cup coaster-- how small will it ever be, because at one point the thin tag line with not be readable. So you would have to create a system....
    Today, 03:39 AM
  • lowfatgraphics
    Font
    lowfatgraphics
    Hey everyone,

I'm looking to invest in a font management software. I've used Suitcase Fusion ($119) before but I've been hearing good things about Font Explorer X Pro ($89).

Today, 03:18 AM
  • arielr190
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    arielr190
    Changed the fonts, removed the texture, reduced the amount of colors & brightened the orange. better?...
    Today, 02:21 AM
  • PrintDriver
    Reply to Creating an Image for a car sticker
    PrintDriver
    Your client needs to get you the dimensions of the door. Without that, one can only guess.
    In Illustrator use whatever units you want. I use inches. Too much math otherwise.
    Today, 02:00 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rounded rectangle clipping mask

hi yall
    trying to get a rounded rectangle clipping mask that i can control the corner radius on. i tried taking a square and applying the effect of rounded corners...but it only works if the square is filled. if i used the rounded rec shape tool....it makes the radius a set size. anyone know how to change this radius so its the exact same on all 4 corners.....
    i could use some tips.
    thanks
    caleb
    Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

What application are you using?

The rounded corners effect works fine on an unfilled square for me in Illustrator.

Comment

humm...for me its not. i lose the corners if it unfilled. i wonder why
      Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

Comment

DO you lose the corners or can you just not see the corners?

With no fill and no stroke, you can only see the control points of the shape, which, unles you expand the effect, are still those of a square. But that doesn't mean the shape no longer has rounded corners.

And, because you haven't affected the actual shape of the box with the effect, if you use it to create a clipping mask, the clipping mask will also be square, as this is applied according to the actual shape - an effect changes the appearance of an object, not its actual shape.

If you expand the appearance of the shape then it will work fine as a clipping mask, but you will no longer be able to edit the corner radius. (You could equally do filter -> stylize -> round corners, which has the same result as applying the rounded corner effect and the expanding it.)

Comment

Oh, better yet - if you can use the pathfinder instead of a clipping mask, that will respect the rounded corners that you applied as an effect.

Comment

If you go to make a rounded corner rectangle with the tool, and you click the artboard instead of drawing the rectangle, you get a little popup that lets you set values for the radius of the corners and the size of the shape. Hope that helps.
            Think of me as programmable soda.
            Tori Amos

Comment

In the Rounded Rectangle, use the up+down arrow keys as you drag to adjust the corner radii. The right+left arrow keys give you the min/max (either square corners or radius equal to the y dimension - like a capsule) radii, depending on the dimensions of the shape.

For the Stylize>Round Corners, this effect needs to be applied (or reapplied) after creating the clipping mask.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
              Working...
              X