Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• kemingMatters
    Reply to Photomedia assignment
    kemingMatters
    From a technical standpoint, it's not very well executed. I think it would have been more successful if you had started with an image of a surfer and morphed/added the skateboarder to it. As it is there...
    Today, 03:09 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to Critique on brewery logo, please!
    seamas
    Depends on the date.

est 1833? Yes

est: 1997? Not so much

est 2015? Rotflmao...
    Today, 02:58 PM
  • ISitude
    Reply to great old sign resource
    ISitude
    Coolio ...the Abandoned Billboards section is beggin' for content
    Today, 02:47 PM
  • seamas
    Reply to New to digital painting, need some tips
    seamas
    ^^

Yep.
    Real-world pen/ink-on-paper drawing skill is what you need.

As for the style--the 1960s was quite possibly the most broad era of advertising illustration...
    Today, 02:11 PM
  • Designia
    Reply to Critique on brewery logo, please!
    Designia
    Love the 5 bottles, I've decided my problem is I only like "K"s in a serif font because I like that last treatment a lot. I think you did a really good job.
    I have no problem with a brewhouse...
    Today, 02:08 PM

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maroon

i am in search for a dark pantone maroon....basically a one color print. i am having a hard time finding one dark enough. i am wondering if i need to go to full color and mix it myself. any suggestions on good maroons...and then finding it in the countless swatches.
    caleb
    Its not "Mitch-ed" stupid....its Me-Show.

1817 is pretty dark. Also try 7421.

If they aren't dark enough, set it as one of those for now, find a paint chip or a sample of the maroon you want from somewhere else and ask the printer to match your sample colour.

When does a maroon become a brown???

That sounds like the first line for a joke...
    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

if i bring in a paint chip....will i be charged for more than one color?

Comment

If you are only using 1 colour, you should charged for 1 colour.

You might be charged for mixing a custom colour. We don't charge more when we have to match a colour to a sample, but who knows, it's more work, so they are entitled to charge if you are fussy about a colour.
        It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

i suggested for the client to go by a print store and look at their pantone color swatches so he can see how they print. pantone is always one color right?

Comment

1 Pantone colour is 1 colour when printing offset.

...If they happen to print digitally or on their printer at home, the colour will convert to CMYK and therefore be 4 colour.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2015 Mediabistro Inc.
            Working...
            X