X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buisness plan

Hi all i'm a graphic design student at loughborough and have to do a buisness plan for a new company. My group were looking to create a new design community mainly based on the internet but then would move to a studio based. If possible could you copy and fill out the questions this would be awesome:
    - Are you linked to any design communitties such as YCN or Designers are wankers?

- Would you enter live competition briefs linked to industry work?

- Would you pay to join?

- Would you use the site to chat to other designers?

- Would you comment on other peoples work?

- Would you look at annual publications of work?

How would you go from an online community that could potentially be worldwide to a studio environment? Other than charging your members to join this 'collaborative' (and I'm not sure YCN or DAW, or even GDF for that matter, qualify as collaboratives) what is the focus of your 'business'?

1. GDF
    2. No, not looking for fake briefs.
    3. Definitely NOT.
    4. GDF
    5. Only leads to fights and hard feelings. Check out our Showcase here for example.
    6. What kind of work? Design is such a wide field the annual would have to have a focus. No focus, no interest (well, I might not be interested in the focus either.)

Comment

- Are you linked to any design communitties such as YCN or Designers are wankers? I have never heard of YCN or Designers are Wankers. I am active here on Graphic Design Forum and 1 local community creative site that I have little to do with any more. I joined the local site in hopes of getting work, but unfortunately, the only people that frequent that site are other designers (not clients). This is an important point when starting up a community for designers to get work. You should have enough clients for your designers. Therefore you need to advertise to clients just as vigourously or more than you advertise to creatives.

- Would you enter live competition briefs linked to industry work? Spec work? No way.

- Would you pay to join? Graphic Design Forum is Free. What are you offering and what do I get for my money? I wouldn't pay to join a site that I had only read about online. If it were a join site that I had heard about in other media (magazines, TV, radio etc) I might join, but I don't hand my money out easily online.

- Would you use the site to chat to other designers? Only if I didn't use GDF for this purpose.

- Would you comment on other peoples work? I certainly do here.

- Would you look at annual publications of work?
      I would look at it. I'd have to recognise and admire at least 1 of the designers to pay for a publication.
      It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
      Working...
      X