Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• PrintDriver
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    PrintDriver
    Which group of millennials are you targeting? Because not all millennials are the same. I posted an article here recently where the author had identified 5 subgroups of millennials and targeting for each...
    Today, 11:13 AM
  • Red Kittie Kat
    Reply to What font is this?
    Red Kittie Kat
    Looks like Berling LTStd Bold... with a funky T. It's either been altered or from a different font.
    Today, 08:44 AM
  • Judy Smith
    Reply to The ad I posted in classifieds was not posted
    Judy Smith
    On the post, I had linked to a thread on this forum, wherein someone advised me to post the term "volunteer" in the subject line of the classifieds section....
    Today, 03:33 AM
  • PanToshi
    Reply to First Time App Project Advice Needed
    PanToshi
    Welcome to GDF dude

We ask all new members to read the very important links here and here. These explain the rules and how the forum runs. No, you haven't done anything wrong, we ask every...
    Today, 02:17 AM
  • BillyLogan
    Reply to Opinions on My Logo?
    BillyLogan
    Absolutely better. Just make sure the tag line's readable if you ever print it....
    Today, 01:47 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Quick!!!!

What is the smallest image I could get away with to stretch to a 17' x 10' banner, bearing in mind that the image needs to fill the entire expanse - NOT USED TO DEALING WITH LARGE FORMAT RESIZING!!!

Thanks in advance - as quick as you can would be much appreciated.
    A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.'
    The doctor says, 'It's old age.'
    The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.'
    The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'

My guess is at least 5 people will tell you to call your printer and ask.
    Think of me as programmable soda.
    Tori Amos

Comment

See! ^^ thats not very helpful as I just want a one off quick answer! I am not in a position to call my printer - SO CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A QUICK IDEA??

Comment

It's really hard to give you a one-off answer since we don't know much about what this banner will be used for, what it will be printed on, etc. My guess is that it won't be viewed up close, so you can probably cut down on the resolution considerably. My suggestion is to get the largest image possible, and use "bicubic smoother" to upsample. At full size, 150 - 200 dpi should be okay, but again, to get the best result possible call your printer and find out what their preferred specs are. If you can't get in touch with whoever is printing it, ask the client to give you their contact information or to have the printer contact you to discuss specs.

blog/portfolio

Comment

soooo you can get on the internet but you can't call the printer? it'd be a lot quicker to call than waiting on here for an answer that might not be right for that printer.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

What's your viewing distance?

Without knowing the machine it's being printed on, we can't give you an answer. Only the printer can do that.

If you are really jammed. Figure 35dpi to 50dpi AT FINAL SIZE for a 17' x 10' graphic viewed at 10-15 feet or more. You do the math backwards.

You really shouldn't take on a large format project for the first time without a print vendor to walk you through the process. Pass on the job. Or find out who the printer is.

17x10 is fine to say but how much bleed are you going to need. Do you really need an 18 x 11 foot image?

Comment

Of course, your printer may tell you 100dpi.
              Who knows.

Comment

OK understood - thanks for getting back - much appreciated

Comment

I think the problem is that Rehab isn't sure who is going to be the printer on this.
                  My Site

Comment

That would be a problem.

Comment

It happens more than not, in my experience. Generally the quoting for the printer is usually the last thing that happens. Even though you would think with how much we talk about "Talk to the Printer", I see it where a lot of the time you find yourself working on a project and no clue who is printing.
                      My Site

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                      Working...
                      X