Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• vaprarts
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
  • vaprarts
    Reply to Logo motorcycle magazine
    vaprarts
    I am somewhat in your target audience. I ride, i enjoy cafe racers, ive even heard of the company and been on their site once or twice. The thing about cafe racers are they believe "less is more"...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • hrs.lidra
    Reply to Can you comment and critique my portfolio
    hrs.lidra
    thanks for the suggestion momoshy, i do use black transparrent BG, so it should be readable, but i think im going to make it more visible. Are you a webdesigner either?...
    Today, 03:37 AM
  • skribe
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    skribe
    Your welcome! What you are doing is one way I learned php. I wanted to be able to make Wordpress do more, so I started experimenting, and reading through the both the Wordpress functions reference, and...
    Today, 12:38 AM
  • dotta
    Reply to hyperlinking multiple images with php
    dotta
    Thank you very much. Come to find out there was an element in my first code that stretched over the next button causing it to return to the first page. I will still try the php examples you gave me; I...
    Today, 12:02 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pantone Printable White?

I am dealing with a screen printer on how he wants our files set up. He told me that anything that is to be printed white should be set to Pantoe Printable White. I have never heard of this before. Does any one know what he is talking about or where I would find a Pantone Printable White swatch? He is using Corel Draw 12 I don't know if it's something in that program or what.

Custom Swatch maybe?

Comment

snipe hunting?

a quick google brings another screen printer up, that says, plainly, there's no such thing as pantone white.

http://www.onedisc.com/packaging/pri...sign_specs.php
      Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

There are white inks. I know Pantone makes them for textiles, though that's probably not what your printer is using.

What is it that you're printing on? I'm guessing that it is something that has a color of its own like a CD, and that you would need the white ink to either make white, or as a "flood" under the whole printable area so the colors you print on top stay bright.

I'd make a custom swatch as PD suggests just make a white, make it a spot color, and name it Pantone White.

blog/portfolio

Comment

yah, a custom swatch probably. that was mostly a joke above, i forgot the smiley. sorry.
          Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

You could always ask them to send you a sample PDF or EPS with the pantone in it.

You could then open the object in illustrator, or place the object in InDesign to get the color on your color swatch.

Comment

You could always ask him to fax you some samples of white.
              It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

just make everything that is going to be white a specific PMS color that isn't currently being used in your design... then make a reference to the side of your artwork that calls out what color is what ink.

side reference example:
                Last edited by Silence04; 05-08-2007, 11:44 PM.
                www.standercreative.com

Comment

If it's vector art in an EPS file, then you can just create a 0,0,0,0 swatch and make it a spot color (to avoid confusion). It's only if it's a raster file that you might need to use a color other than 0,0,0,0.
                  Ned Yeung, A.C.E.
                  mediamainline.com
                  cyclopsphoto.ca

Comment

Or set a channel/layer

I wasn't joking. You just need a spot color that separates out as a plate. 0/0/0/0 labeled Pantone Printable White (which is probably the ink can name) will work. Just be sure to set it to Spot, not process.

It also depends on how the white is being used.
                    White can be applied spot, underspot, flood, etc. Sometimes you just need it defined. A lot of times with the new large format UV printers we just specify an underspot shape that is the outline of the entire image being printed then print the colors over. Avoids a lot of trapping
                    Last edited by PrintDriver; 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll try the custom swatch idea and see what he says.

Comment

As long as the white separates as a plate, not as a knockout, you should be good. So PD's advice is the way to go.
                        "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                        Working...
                        X