Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Gwishin
    Portfolio advice/criticism
    Gwishin
    Hey guys!

This is my first post here, and I was hoping to get some feedback and advice/crticism about my "work". Im very curious about what you guys think, specially the ones of...
    Today, 04:47 AM
  • crdunsto
    Freelance Work/Volunteer Experience on Resume/Applications
    crdunsto
    I'm applying to several colleges over the break (SVA, MICA, Memphis, MCAD, SCAD, FIT, Parsons), and need advice on how to reference my freelance work from late 2012 up to now.

Name of Organization...
    Today, 03:52 AM
  • FredBouffard
    Reply to Law Firm Website Redesign
    FredBouffard
    Your website will always reflect the kind of business you offer so it is just in time that you update your client's website. I like the large header, but the text on the upper portion of it looks dated....
    Today, 01:29 AM
  • FredBouffard
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    FredBouffard
    Looks like a bull right but it needs a little bit of polishing and enhancements. Bulls have basically long, curved very pointed horns so you can work on that. And maybe fiercer eyes....
    Today, 01:23 AM
  • HotButton
    Comment on Anyone else only have a diploma¿?
    HotButton
    "but I have always been led to believe that the degree isn't as important as talent/know-how in graphic design..."

Here, without a degree, it's not likely anyone will ever know...
    Yesterday, 08:51 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life's Short. Get a Divorce.

Life's Short. Get a Divorce.

I think this is great myself. This woman spent a few thousand bucks and ended up with millions, possibly even tens of millions of dollars worth of free publicity. Their business has jumped 300 to 400%. Their name and phone number has been splashed all over the air and cyber waves. Plus they pissed off all those old crones on "The View" which is always a good thing. I really don't believe this ad is going to cause any divorces that wouldn't have happened anyway.

What do you guys think, great idea or highly offensive?

WOW!
    i'm mildly offended personally, however, i can appreciate what 'works' as far as advertising. it's sick, but hey, that's what sells...
    and something for people to be offended about will def. get attention.

did i even answer the damn question?

Comment

EXCELLENT idea.

Comment

HA! actually, JUST seeing the title of this thread made me say. 'WHA??? I better have a look at this so i can get pissed off!'

Comment

haha, I saw boobies on a billboard.

Comment

"If you think somebody's going to look at a billboard and go out and get a divorce as a result, you're insulting the intelligence of people. If that's the case, our next billboard is going to read, 'Gimme Your Money.'
            HAH! Awesome. She speaks the truth.

Comment

I wouldn't be too happy if I was married to one of those attorneys!!
              You're no longer a child when a mud puddle is an obstacle rather than an opportunity!

Comment

awesome!
                www.standercreative.com

Comment

Thumbs down. But they're lawyers - what do they care as long as they make a buck?

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow2bryte
                    HA! actually, JUST seeing the title of this thread made me say. 'WHA??? I better have a look at this so i can get pissed off!'

Comment

I find that whole premise kind of sad, though I am sure it's supposed to be tongue in cheek / shock value / whatever else you want to call it.

It's a sad state of affairs (no pun intended) that people aren't willing to actually WORK to make a marriage work any more... if you don't want to put the effort into it and just want somebody else around until you get sick of them and decide to move on, why bother getting married in the first place?

While I do agree that this won't cause any divorces that weren't going to happen anyway, I think it's sad that this sort of attitude is encouraged.
                      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by cornfed
                        I wouldn't be too happy if I was married to one of those attorneys!!
                        the women that works for that company was interviewed on the local news this morning and she is divorced =]

the ad did exactly what it was supposed to do even though it may have been a bit controversial. i think it was a pretty good idea.

"There's something about turning the pages of a book or magazine and the felling of rubbing your hands across the words."

This is my pen tool. There are many like it, but this one is MINE. My pen tool is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My pen tool without me is useless. Without my pen tool, I am useless.

there is no grey area when it comes to 1 color logos.

Comment

I think its funny, and a great idea, go figure
                          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

the thought of trading a spouse in for a 'newer model' like a car (and on a whim) - just makes me feel even worse about the state of the world these days.
                            "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

It's actually pretty funny in a way, and kind of true. Very few of my married friends get to go out and have fun anymore. Hell, very few of my friends in exclusive relationships do either (stand up to your girls, guys! What, don't they have friends too or something?) Happens the other way too...one time I was on the way to a club with some people and one of them - a married woman - was complaining that she always wanted to go out but hubby wanted to stay in and do nothing. (Wonder what hubby would have said if he saw what we were doing on the dance floor )

Anyway, that's what I kind of thing the tongue-in-cheek ad kind of jumps on. For one, people try much harder in relationships when the other person is free to walk away at any time. Second, the hilarity in the critics is that they claim the lawyers are taking divorce lightly....but it's the public that doesn't take marriage seriously with divorce rates being at 50% and all. So many people just running right into it just to "be married." It's jumping on what people either don't want to hear and/or what they're guilty of themselves. Either way, it's causing attention and discussion and in that sense, it certainly accomplishes it's goal without taking itself too seriously.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                              Working...
                              X