Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• SamBlairParker
    Comment on New Personal Identity
    SamBlairParker
    I designed the one titled "screen shot 2014" Bonnaroo_logo was not designed by me, clearly. I have posted that image so that users can give me an honest opinion of whether or not it's too similar...
    Today, 05:05 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    KitchWitch
    Hi Serid and welcome to GDF.

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few inside jokes. No, you haven't done anything...
    Today, 04:52 AM
  • KitchWitch
    Reply to New Personal Identity
    KitchWitch
    Hi Sam and welcome to GDF.

Did you design this logo?

We ask all new members to read very important links here and here. These explain the rules, how the forum runs and a few...
    Today, 04:50 AM
  • <b>
    Reply to Silverlight
    <b>
    Now that Ballmer is gone, it's perfectly safe to do so without feeling like you've invited the loud, sweaty lunatic neighbor family down the street into your house....
    Today, 03:50 AM
  • garricks
    Reply to [ Logo Critique ] Period or not at the end of the tagline?
    garricks
    I immediately thought of Apple's "Think Different." campaign tag. I vote to keep it.
    Today, 01:26 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get black in photoshop at 70%

I am designing a logo in photoshop and need the black text to be color print standard, that is 70% black an 30% somthing else, don't know how to action this in photoshop, would also like to know what to make the remaining 30% color. please help

huh? what is color print standard? and designing a logo in photoshop is like shooting yourself in the face.

buuuuut, im guessing your looking for a saturated black, in which case it would be ...

C - 30%
    M - 30%
    Y - 30%
    K - 70%
    ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

But thats 160% D-Frag!!! Are you positive that is not going to be too saturated?

Live dangerously my friend.
      Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Too Saturated? That'll be more of a grey or a brown than a black

Comment

I just had a vendor spec for black:

C=90%
          M=90%
          Y=80%
          K=100%

Seemed a tad heavy to me I guess I'll see how it turns out. Oh they spec'd all raster images at a minimum of 355 DPI at print size also.
          I could give you a dose
          but it would never come close
          to the rage built up inside of me
          fist in the air in the land of hypocrisy

Comment

As PrinterDriver would say... "Talk to your printer". LOL. I think the term you want to use is rich black, not industry-standard. Depending on which printer you're using, the formula for rich black varies.
            Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

Check with printer.

One shop I worked for used

Another shop I worked for used

For those of you not familiar with a rich black, it is primarily used on large solids so they don't look flat. Rich blacks look more...well, rich.

It is not wise to use it on fine lines or text because the pressman will be after your head.

Comment

what about a pantone grey, then converted to cmyk? not perfect either though.

i like d-frag's answer better.
                Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                Working...
                X