X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice lobby at my condo

I live in a condo, but the lobby downstairs is in two sections, almost mirror design with leather seats and plants and table., very nicely done.
    I was thinking would it be okay to have my meetings there? I do not want clients in my suite upstairs.

It is also very quiet and not much traffic.

Do you think clients would think less of me as a professionals if I meet with them there? I do like it more than coffee shops. So far I have been making visits to their offices.

What's your condo association agreement say? Sometimes you aren't allowed to run a business out of your condo by your agreement. While there may not be a lot of traffic, you neighbors may not want YOUR extra traffic.

Comment

Okay I should look into that, but how can my neighbors not want my extra traffic, it is a public place for all?

Comment

it's probably a public place for the residents... not necessarily for their businesses. Could someone walk in off the street and just hang out in the lobby?

PD's right... I'm renting at the moment, not in a condo, but my lease specifies that I can not run a business out of my apartment. Condo boards can be even worse than landlords sometimes.
        "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

Where I live you aren't allowed to run a business out of your own home. It's a neighborhood thing.

Comment

I should look into that with my landlord.
            Thank you for the heads up.

Comment

And this is why God invented Starbucks, (even tho in other news it seems people are upset that Starbucks denies said God... wow do I digress...)

I need to go home.
              But seriously, when it comes to Condo associations they get to be real sticklers about particulars. You'd really be surprised if you really knew half the rules they might have, but don't enforce on a day to day basis.
              My Site

Comment

I've had a job interview conducted at Starbucks. The recruiter was a freelancer and didn't have an office as such. As long as your order something it's ok.

That must be the only time I've been in Starbucks in the last 2 years....
                It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Originally posted by carter the artist
                  And this is why God invented Starbucks, (even tho in other news it seems people are upset that Starbucks denies said God... wow do I digress...)

I need to go home.
                  But seriously, when it comes to Condo associations they get to be real sticklers about particulars. You'd really be surprised if you really knew half the rules they might have, but don't enforce on a day to day basis.
                  I have their house rules, many long pages, but I got to read it to see if it is possible.

Comment

I concur...
                    It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

we do have a pool table room , and also a party room.
                      They milk us with high condo fee, I must be able to use it. I am going
                      to talk to my super attendant.

Comment

Yes, YOU can use it. Not everyone else in the world. You pay a high fee for privacy. So do your neighbors. Get an office.

Comment

ask the worst they can say is no.

If they say no - then find another option. But to be honest, having an office is really a step up in getting a solid working base for your business. And when I didn't have an office, I went to the client's place of business.

Look around there's small office places here in med city that go for less than $400/mo.

Comment

Originally posted by PrintDriver
                            Yes, YOU can use it. Not everyone else in the world. You pay a high fee for privacy. So do your neighbors. Get an office.
                            Printdriver, I don't know why but you seem to be dogging on me for every post I put on this forum. Why is that? I surely can not play pool by myself, why do you make such comment?

Are you answering everyones questions with such force of opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Drazan
                              Look around there's small office places here in med city that go for less than $400/mo.
                              Thanks Darzan

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                              Working...
                              X