Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• <b>
    Reply to A New design agency with the mindset of 10-15 years ago…
    <b>
    For 3 or 4 years we had a contract with a printer whose primary business was publishing phone books. We hired them to print 100,000-plus copies of various boilerplate information booklets on newsprint,...
    Today, 10:56 PM
  • kizzidesigns
    Reply to Redundancy & Entropy
    kizzidesigns
    well i am ahppy that someone likes Redundancy & Entropy (R&E) but watching the video was a bit confusing too complex .i love things simple and straightforward and it seems when it comes to the...
    Today, 10:52 PM
  • garricks
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    garricks
    There is/was, but the upgrade to vBulletin 5 disappeared it....
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • Kool
    Reply to Is there a member list here?
    Kool
    All of that stuff is disabled because it didn't really work and it caused bugs in other areas. Right now we are in a holding pattern as far as this forum software goes. The forum is coming under new ownership...
    Today, 10:28 PM
  • garricks
    Comment on InDesign data merge advice…
    garricks
    I was too aggressive setting the keeps and got an unexpected result. I didn't see this until I got home…I'll post in detail tomorrow when I get to work.
    Today, 10:26 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For personal lubrication

Why can't I work in this industry?

http://blog.coloribus.com/?p=124

LOL, if you did, I'm sure you can have all the free samples you need.
    Viki Anderson Graphics & Design on Demand
    Through the Looking Glass

Comment

oh my! I have to admit, I was nervous to click on that link. Not sure I buy the one with the elephant.
      "It's never too late to be who you might have been." - George Eliot

Comment

I love the first one! I'm curious as to whether it was a fortuitous stock photo or had to be staged or photomanipulated.

They reminded me of the Philips Bodygroom razor advert "Now you can shave wherever you want". Seems there is a trend for finding clever ways to bring x-rated concept advertising into the mainstream.

at best my spelling *and grammar* is crap and at worst it are be carp

Comment

Eww I didn't get the first one at all. Then I read your post Frankster so I revisited - racking my brain for something to get. Now I see it....ewwww....
          It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" Winnie the Pooh

Comment

Ewww, I get it now too.

The rope and needle one cracked me up.
            "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Heh, those were pretty good.
              "I can't find the roman numerals in the Glyphs palette." - Classmate
              The statement that made Typography class an instant classic.

Comment

Hahaha that first one didn't sink in until I closed the window, that's pretty funny and gross at the same time

Comment

These ads are funny stuff.
                  Broke or just cheap? Read my list of free open source alternatives to Adobe Creative Suite software.

Comment

The first one is amazing for it's ability to turn a 'conventional' and totally 'neutral' tranquil shot into something, well-- definitely NOT neutral with the mere trigger of a small two word product description.

Course, if it was my ad, I would have looked for a wharf with bollards at least half as wide. I think to ask the reader to make the conclusion they are asking them to make with the diameter of the ones in the shot is really, (ahem) stretching the whole believability too much.

Comment

Yea, that first one threw me off too for a good minute. Good ads.

I'm half asleep and didn't skim nearly as well as I should've, was there any mention of the ad firm behind it? ...heheh, behind.

|
                      Archetype Design Studio - Creatively Disciplined, Design Driven | Portfolio Peepshow - Taking a featured projects peek | ARCHE-BLogGER - A virtual exploration inside the Creative Mind | no!spec - Eradicating speculative work one designer at a time | Combating the Stigma of the Overpriced Designer - A Creative's first intrepid adventure in design journalism |

Comment

those are great! Love the rope one

Daily Trivia Game ...GDF Fantasy Football League

Comment

home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | about us | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | events | forums | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions about | terms of use | privacy policy | Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc. Mediabistro Inc. call (212) 389-2000 or email us
                        Working...
                        X