Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
I find that I have the worst time trying to find relevant stock photos Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Search Search Module
Collapse

Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Featured Images Featured Images Module
Collapse

Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• Lucifer
    Reply to Logo for a supplement company
    Lucifer
    I, personally, don't like the dumbbell idea. Check out ON and Dymatize. The dumbbell logo would look good if your client owned a gym.
    Today, 01:06 PM
  • mrbambocha
    Reply to Making a button with <table>
    mrbambocha
    Great! Thanks alot!
    Today, 10:05 AM
  • B
    B
    I'm thinking that tagging a supplement product with the initials BS might not be the best marketing strategy.
    Today, 06:36 AM
  • Danx
    Your thoughts on this logo?
    Danx
    Hello,

Please tell your honest thoughts on this logo. This is my first logo.

UPlace is a shopping centre. The "U" can stand for "Ungasan", the...
    Today, 06:33 AM
  • vaprarts
    vaprarts
    I feel the colors seperate the image losing the dumbell look from being the instant thought.. I think you would have better luck if you made the weights be different sizes. I feel this would show a dumbell...
    Today, 03:58 AM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find that I have the worst time trying to find relevant stock photos

One of the biggest challenges I seem to struggle with is finding appropriate stock photos for the corporate marketing materials I design at work. For instance, I have a headline for a flier we're using for our customer service consulting tools, "You may listen to your customers... ...but do you really HEAR them?"

I've searched for:
    not listening/listening
    not hearing/hearing
    yelling
    customer

and combinations of them, but don't quite find something my boss likes. I've combed through some royalty free, inexpensive stock photo sites, but it's always an aggravating process of finding a photo that the sales/marketing team likes. I keep finding photos of people on the phone, or crazy goofy photos of people yelling.
    wieNerDog

ugh, so much time wasted searching for art. i completely agree with you. even the tags don't always help.

did you try maybe someone looking straight at the camera, maybe with a serious expression? depends on the tone of the piece, of course.
    Remember: Wherever you go, there you are.

Comment

I got your back.

Some advice is profound, some is clever. The above post is a good example of both.
      http://www.pedrospracticaljokes.blogspot.com/

Comment

lmao!
        Let me see you make decisions without your televisions.

N.A.N.K.A. "We Kick Because We Care."

Comment

Originally posted by mojoprime
          ugh, so much time wasted searching for art. i completely agree with you. even the tags don't always help.

did you try maybe someone looking straight at the camera, maybe with a serious expression? depends on the tone of the piece, of course.
          Yeah, my boss was thinking of using a cartoon or something, but that's totally the wrong idea. This is a B-to-B corporate marketing piece. Cartoons in the US are considered primarily for kids/humor.

The problem is we want to show photos of poor customer service or businesses not listening to their customers. However, it can't be a specific type of business/service because it will "pigeon-hole us" and we can do work with nearly any kind of business. How do you find something so general and yet, so specific?

I think I'm limited to finding photos of two guys in shirts/ties yelling at each other or one yelling and the other not paying attention.
          wieNerDog

Comment

Originally posted by MD
            I got your back.

Holy ****, that is just all kinds of creepy and disturbing.
            wieNerDog

Comment

stop for a minute, and think 90 degrees to where you're currently thinking. maybe it's something like a can with a string attached to it ("Is this how your customer support works?"), or something else that's a tangent from where you're thinking. surf for a minute and clear your head. a different direction might come to you.

Comment

Originally posted by mojoprime
                stop for a minute, and think 90 degrees to where you're currently thinking. maybe it's something like a can with a string attached to it ("Is this how your customer support works?"), or something else that's a tangent from where you're thinking. surf for a minute and clear your head. a different direction might come to you.
                That's usually a good idea. Finding a theme going on in a photo that doesn't quite work, or a keyword linked to one that's not quite right may bring you to a slightly different concept that works better. It's just nearly impossible to find a photo of a generic customer/business transaction. It usually means some form of retail exchange, and shows a register, etc., even though a lot of customers aren't doing that these days (phone orders, web).
                wieNerDog

Comment

yup. this is true. and then the other idea is, depending on the scope of the project, to roll your own, as it were. shoot your own art. kind of expensive, but you might get just what you need, and if you're spending a lot of time searching for the right thing...time = money, one way or another.

Comment

This reminds me of the famous "survey" for customer service calls. I mean where does all this data go? Some database that the marketers use and that the CEOs and businesses never see?

It's like leaving a message on the answering machine. I "think" the business will call back, but in actuallity they rarely do.

hmmm. It's like the difference between leaving a sugar coated message and talking to a real-live-person.

**random thoughts**

Have you tried the visual thesaurus?

Comment

I got this image in an email today, and thought of this thread... Kind of conveys the meaning you were looking for, without being literal.. THought it might give you another keyword to look for?!

P.S. The image was about being able to tell the sex of birds... ie guess which one is the woman...

You could try 'nagging' as a keyword!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

The one ignoring the guy talking?

Comment

I would have thought that would be the male PD.
                          "Lucy, you got some 'splainin' to do!" - Ricky Ricardo

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                          Working...
                          X