Mediabistro Creative Sites Mediabistro Creative Sites Module
Collapse
Latest Topics Latest Topics Module
Collapse

• seamas
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    seamas
    It does look like a bull head.

I would take some time to check out different bull horns.

Different breeds have some interesting shapes.
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • sfys
    Reply to school project one pager
    sfys
    @skribe that strange I viewed my webiste on my macbook and a Imac and windows laptop and on safari chrome and firefox the website showed fine except on IE!!

@kermingmatters I know I...
    Today, 08:08 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Critique for a Video Organization Logo
    Buda
    Search is usually signified with a magnifying glass. Glasses doesn't have the same meaning.

Graphic design is about visual communication. It's fine to use different or unique symbols from...
    Today, 07:59 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to LOGO icon opinion
    Buda
    Yes, it looks like a bull to me, I might try and move the lower horn up a touch. The eye doesn't seem to be in the correct place.
    Today, 07:55 PM
  • Buda
    Reply to Hi I'm Salt.
    Buda
    Hi Salt and welcome to GDF. I have friends who are artists and animators. Some are even both

We ask every new member to read the threads posted HERE, particularly this thread to get...
    Today, 07:53 PM
Advertisement Advertisement Module
Collapse

Sponsors Sponsors Module
Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! graphic designer asked to create a video with music

Help! The president of the company seems to use the following logic: Deimodius is a graphic designer. Graphic designers are creative. A video is creative, therefore, graphic designers must know how to make them. Deimodius is a graphic designer, so therefore he must know how to make a video.

I've already shot the video, I've got the software to edit it, that's all good, but the boss wants music in the background. Since this is a training video for customers, I can't just use any music, I need something royalty free, or from Creative Commons.

I've tried searching with Creative Commons, but it is not very easy to use. The creators tend to use key words that are missleading. I'm looking for some instrumental jass, or some classical guitar, but I keep getting search results that don't make sense.

Has any of you ever had to do something like this? Where can I find some royalty free, or creative commons type music that would be suitable for a training video?

Why don't bosses understand exactly what it is we _really_ do, and why can't we tell them without getting fired. :-(

have you searched for 'legal mp3s'?
    The beginning is always today.

Comment

Unfortunately that won't work. Finding mp3s that are legal to download would leave me in the same position as buying a song legally in mp3. Either way, the only rights conferred upon you by the artist/seller are for personal use, not for use in a commercial context (ie video). I need to find something that is rights-free or for which the artist/content owner has created a licence allowing people to use it in derivitive works.

NEway... thanks guys, I'll keep looking.

Comment

I was going to say to check Blue Vertigo, but it seems to be down. I think I remember them having audio links too.
        ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

Here you go, this might help you out a bit, this is one of the elctronic sections of commons.

http://www.opsound.org/artist/pabloperez/
          ‘Our great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is privately controlled. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the civilized world. No government by free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of men.’ - Woodrow Wilson

Comment

http://www.soundrangers.com/
            graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does...

Comment

http://beatsuite.com/ low cost royalty free and already looped for the most part need little editing to put into your video.

Comment

http://www.digitaljuice.com/products...p?cid=1&pvid=8

Comment

Thanks, everyone. The help is much appreciated.

Comment

you might be able to find some good public domain music at archive.org
                    lots of 20s-30s music on there...
                    www.standercreative.com

Comment

I wouldn't count archive.org as being useful.

Welcome to the Live Music Archive. etree.org is a community committed to providing the highest quality live concerts in a lossless, downloadable format. The Internet Archive has teamed up with etree.org to preserve and archive as many live concerts as possible for current and future generations to enjoy. All music in this Collection is from trade-friendly artists and is strictly noncommercial, both for access here and for any further distribution. Artists' commercial releases are off-limits. This collection is maintained by the etree.org community.

Comment

Mediabistro A division of Prometheus Global Media home | site map | advertising/sponsorships | careers | contact us | help courses | browse jobs | freelancers | content | member benefits | reprints & permissions terms of use | privacy policy Copyright © 2014 Mediabistro Inc.
                      Working...
                      X